cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Deletion from DB using SAP PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using SAP PI 7.4. The requirement is: PI has to delete few tables in TERADATA database once in a day (fixed time: 04:00 PM). Is it possible from PI end? If yes, please guide me how to achieve this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Moumita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please let me know why do you want PI to delete the tables from Teradata DB?AFAIK even the external applications will not have complete access to the DB table however in your case you need PI to delete.any strong reasons for this?Why don't you please ask your DBA to do this stuff every day at 4PM.Definitely DB has some schedulers which can do this.

Thanks

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Agree, but if you can automate something; I believe you should go for it.

Also, when you use SAP PI, you have monitoring and alerting available and a SAP PI system never takes a holiday or is off due to illness .

Kind regards,

Dimitri

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agree, but if you can automate something; I believe you should go for it.

Also, when you use SAP PI, you have monitoring and alerting available and a SAP PI system

Strongly agree Dimitri and yes never takes a holiday or is off due to illness

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok, I understand, I have to schedule the time in receiver communication channel. But, in this case, PI has to initiate this process. Nothing is there in sender side for SAP PI.

So, could you please describe in details what all objects need to be created in PI and how this will work?

Please help.

Thanks,

Moumita

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can put a file on a disk and schedule the sender CC to have your timing available.

For the scenario, just create the regular components you always create in ESR and ID.

Just have a look for the stored procedure and make sure to align this with the database team.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

you need to create receiver structure like below to delete the data in table.

<StatementName>

<dbTableName action=”DELETE”>

<key1>

<col2>val2old</col2>

<col4>val4</col4>

</key1>

<key2>

<col2>val2old2</col2>

</key2>

</dbTableName>

</StatementName3>

and as you said it should be delete depends on time you can create ATP(availability time planing) for that interface or else if source is SAP ..you can ask abaper to write a report to run on that perticular time , so that PI can delete that data in Database on time.

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume this is an external database table?

What you can do is create a stored procedure and use a JDBC adapter.

For the timing, set this on communication channel level (available timings).

Kind regards,

Dimitri