cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

French Stimulus Act

former_member1252874
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, France has implemented a law that in many ways are equal to the US “Economic Stimulus Act of 2008” described in OSS 1148489 witch I find usefull.

But there are differences as in US was it a bonus of additional 50% depreciation here and now. In France will the 40% additional depreciation have to be applied each year for the remaining life of the asset.

I have the depreciation key and area to work but how do I insure that only assets acquired in the period from April the 16th 2015 to April the 15th 2016 are getting calculated in the years to come?

I could setup a substitution on the asset master to check the capitalization date and if outside the range substitute the depreciation key with “0000” but I find this as a cruel solution.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

TIA
René Vestergaard Nielsen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TMufft
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello René,

I had to face the same kind of calculation for a specific tax rule applicable in Spain for 13 and 14. You can apply different intervals into your asset master for your corresponding Tax depreciation area.

That's being said for asset capitalized from April the 16th 2015 to April the 15th 2016 you can assign 1 depreciation key bearing your specific calculation rules and then from  April the 16th 2016 you can assign the standard one without the tax facilitation.

It might be something to investigate from your side.

It might be great to share more details about this specific calculation.

Tanguy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A substitution would work.  Or a validation that would help users assign the right key.  You could also put the validity within the multi-level method itself.  Lots of ways to tackle this.