cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTP is not loading data from Infoset to Infocube and it is running for hours

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are in BI 7.0 system. When I am executing a DTP Infoset -> Infocube, it is taking more than 14 hours with no results, generally the same DTP will take maximum of 2 hrs to complete. Only when I have cancelled the job manually I got the below error.

Data package 1 / 06.08.2015 16:14:00 / Status 'Processed with Errors'

Message no. RSBK257

When I try to access the Infoset, I am not able to see the contents in "Display Data" and it is running for hours with no results.

When I try to access the objects of Infoset, I found that one of the master data info object 0Employee is not accessible and it is also running for hours with no results and I am not able to access M table of that info object also.

I have taken the below steps to rectify it.

1. I applied note 1405785 - DTP Error - Status 'Processed with Errors'

2. Tried to check 0Employee infoobject in RSRV  tcode but again it is not responding and running for hours

I am facing this issue in Production system, But the same infoobject 0Employee is accessible in quality system and the same DTP is running successfully in quality system.

Please advice if any thing can be done to resolve this?

Thanks,

Saranya S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member202257
Contributor
0 Kudos

The fact that the RSRV for 0EMPLOYEE takes too long is an indication that there is something wrong with this infoObject. Select only relevant tests and wait for the output to appear ; it may take a while. You will then get the errors, if any and the option to correct it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shwetha,

Thanks for the reply. RSRV tcode was not responding even after 6 hours and I am facing this issue with only one infoset and the other infosets which is having 0employee as master data infoobject are loading well.

This particular infoset is not responding and its dtp is not loading data even after 16 hours.

Regards,

Saranya

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Saranya,

When you run the DTP on the Infoset check in SM50 which table  or Info object it is hitting.

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

It is hitting table "AS".

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Saranya

What are your objects in the infoset. I mean how any dso, cube, info object etc

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

Infoset is having five master data infoobjects and one dso. Other infosets which dtp is running successfully is also having these five master data infoobjects and only one DSOs are different.

Regards

Saranya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

Infoset is having five master data infoobjects and one dso. Other infosets whose dtps are running successfully, is also having these five master data infoobjects and just DSOs are different.

Regards

Saranya

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Saranya

How much data does the DSO have and do you have any left outer joins defined in the infoset.

If the data load in the DSO is huge and if the dso supports full load , try deleting the data in the DSO and run your DTP ( Only to check which one is the culprit).

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

The number of entries of that DSO is 243.

Regards,

Saranya

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Saranya,

Try to run the DTP for a single employee, or even the display data for a single employee and check whether you are able to do that.

Check the no of entries in each of the info objects. ( Are the no of entries the same in quality system as well).

Check for any dump in ST22. Try to run only this particular load and check for heap memory occupy along with your basis team.

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

I am not able to apply filter for this DTP 😞

Regards,

Saranya

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Saranya

You might be getting entire list of fields when you are clicking the DTP filter.  Remove the fields which you do not require and then set the DTP filter

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

I applied filter values by following your suggestion. For a single employee, DTP execution was successful and it got completed within 19 seconds.

Transferred record is 1 and added records are 3.

Regards,

Saranya S

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Saranya,

This means that the Full load for all employees together is an issue. Now try with much bigger selection ( using employee number - give an interval) and load. If that also runs then you may have to split your daily loads on employee number wise. You will have to find an optimal interval selection to run your loads

Try to check the memory used while loading using the help of your basis

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

DTP execution was successful for 92 employees.

When I run DTP by applying filter value on Month,  again it is running indefinitely and I want to execute DTP by applying filter value on Month only.

Regards,

Saranya S

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Saranya

It will depend on what is the key in your infoset combination that will make the loading faster.

Month may not be a key field in any of your master data object and thus resulting in system to scan the entire data.

You will have to optimize the loading pattern or go for a different modeling concept to achieve the same result

Regards

Gajehs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

Thanks for the reply. Actually till 31st July, this DTP load was successful and usually it will take around 1 hr 20 mins to complete the load. Since 2011, this DTP is running based on Month value as filter condition.

But now the problem is, this particular DTP is running for hours indefinitely.

Regards,

Saranya S

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Saranya,

I understand your issue. See when you had started may be the data was less and over a period of time the data has also grown which eventually has led to this issue.

1) Try to run the report on Infoset and check whether its giving the output.

2) What was time taken by the last successful load and what was quantity of data loaded

3) Try to check the system parameters like lock entries (SM12), heap memory, temp tables.

4) Do not run any other loads so that there are no loads on the system and then trigger the DTP.

5) RSRV checks can be done, but that will also take time if you have huge data.

I don't have any other suggestion to give you. incase you are able to sort out the issue please post your answer so that It might be useful for somebody else

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Thanks a lot for your reply and I will work on your suggestions. I already mailed basis team to look into this issue. They too replied like they could not figure out the reason for this issue and overall performance tends to be normal.

Atleast I found out what is causing this issue and definitely I will post after resolving this issue.

Thanks,

Saranya