cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy/Assign DMS-Documents to GOS/BDS (Vendor)

david_hesse
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a lot of attached DMS documents (attached via CV01N) to the object-type "vendor".

Now we have the requirement to copy the current attached DMS documents to the GOS (Object: LFA1)

Target is, to have access to the documents of a vendor in the transaction xd02 [...] via GOS-Service.

I couldn't find any way to realize this requirement.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance & best regards

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

regarding your requirement I have to inform you that from DMS point of view there is no such functionality. Because we offer the option to link document info records to SAP objects like "Vendor" (LFA1) and then the user have access to this information also from object side.

So I do not really see why the original data should be copied now to the GOS attachment list. Because then the original file data will be stored twice in your system?

Best regards,

Christoph

david_hesse
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

sorry for my late response.

Is there a direct way/option in the vendor-maintain-transactions (XK0x, FK0x, ) to display the documents which are attached in the dms to the current vendor number?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

David

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you want to copy the attachment (attached to vendor through CV01N)? Why do you want to attach the document to Object for Services? Is there any specific business requirement?

I dont think this can be done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

You can see the attached document from XK03 or FK03 to view the DMS document, Please find the below screen shot for your reference.

Rgds,

Nayeem.

david_hesse
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nayeem,

thank you - this "Document link" in the vendor/customer transaction is very useful.

Problem solved

Best regards,

David

Answers (0)