cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Column Store Error on importing schema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to migrate schema from one hana instance (SPS 😎 to another instance (SPS 9) using EXPORT/IMPORT. I exported the schema to a folder and then copied the folder to new hana instance via scp. When I try to import the schema using the import command as follows it gives the following error.

IMPORT "SCHEMA"."*" AS BINARY from '/Backup/Export/'  (also tried with Rename option)

Error generated is:

Could not execute 'IMPORT "SCHEMA"."*" AS BINARY from .........

SAP DBTech JDBC: [2048]: column store error: table import failed:  [30151] Object not found in the import directory;object=TN:Rolesen

It appends en to the not found table names. The table name is "Roles". Also when I see the indexserver trace file it contains the error:

ImportExport.cpp(03287) : Import location does not exist: /Backup/Export//index/TN/Roles

Also, its confusing to me that why is it looking for Roles in index because Roles is a Row store table and in index folder only column store tables are present.

Moreover, inside index folder there are many sub-folders like Be,Se,Ge, so on... and inside them there are further sub-folders for tables but according to error statement in trace file it seems it is looking for Roles table directly in TN folder inside index.

Can anyone suggest if i am doing the migration right way or what is going wrong here?

I also tried removing all kinds of interdependencies on other user defined schemas in SPS 8 using the "SYS"."OBJECT DEPENDENCIES" table but still the same error.

TIA,

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

thanks for getting back to me so fast. Meanwhile we were using a workaround to import the table by importing it via the client. The size of the table allowed us to go with this workaround.

But thanks for your support!

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I'm facing the same issue

on importing schema from 1 hana server to another hana server

we use HANA DB 10.2 & SBO 9.2 PL 0

Could not execute 'import DB_DRS_TEST."*" as BINARY from '/usr/sap/SAPBusinessOne/B1_SHF/backup/DB_DRS_TEST' with ...' in 471 ms 979 µs .

SAP DBTech JDBC: [2048]: column store error: table import failed:  [30151] Object not found in the import directory;object=DB_DRS_TEST:COCKPIT_PAGES_INITen

please help...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please explain the entire migration process you are using?

are you transferring the schema export to any windows machine before moving to hana server 2?

If yes then this issue is due to case sensitivity in the folder structure inside exported directory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

we are also facing exactly the same issue. We would highly appreciate your response in case you found a solution!

Thanks,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

The solution which worked for us is we went inside export and index folders. Then checked within all sub-folders if the Procedures/Tables, etc. are in proper sub-folders. For example- Procedure beginning with "Ab" should be inside folder "Ab" and not "AB" as linux is case sensitive. This resolved the issue on our end. Another thing you may check create.info file of the objects creating problem. check if there is name of other schema in it and if remove the inter-dependencies.

Let me know if that helps.

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you kindly share the HANA One AMI Id and Instance Id?

thanks,

dhruman

michael_devine
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please clarify if you are using an SAP HANA for SAP Business One solution and the current revision.

Best regards,

Michael Devine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using SAP HANA SPS 8 Rev 85. From there I am just trying to migrate my schemas to SPS 9 Rev 90