cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EAR99 No License required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am new to the forum and GTS, however I've been thrown into deep waters and need help how to figure out the follwing thing:
US  export proforma in GTS prints the following data for each item:

Item no A-1
HTS code: 123450000
EAR99 No License Required

Item no A-2
HTS code: 123450001
EAR99

Item no A-3
HTS code: 12350002
EAR99

The thing is that all items that belong to this specific HTS code have the "No License Required" texts. I have been checking and need help where to find out the relation between those 2.
Please let me know also the path/tcodes as I am new to this system.
Many thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keshav_murthy5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Karlsson

HTS Code is Customs Classification and EAR99 is Export Control Classification. Based on the Export Control Classification in combination with Country of Departure/Destination and Legal Regulation the License determination happens. Hence  you see them here. Hope I have understood your question correctly.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you both for the valuable input.

Does that mean that EAR99 means always No License Required ? or is that a combination EAR99 + NLR ?

eg other codes eg.  1C350 would be always be type Validated License ?

Kind regards,

Olaf

lozanov-a
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

EAR99 always mean "no license required" within the EAR legal regulation.

KInd regards

Assen

lozanov-a
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Olaf,

in GTS the products are classified for both Customs (HS code, ex: 123450000) and Legal control (ECCN, for ex: EAR99 - specific code when a license is NOT required).

in GTS, you find these classifications in the product master , there are two distinct self speaking Tabs. if you need to retrieve and print this information, you can retrieve the info there.

I have to look for the table and fields names additionally,

let me know

Assen