cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage type flow set up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

Could you please help me optimizing my WM structure? Here is the flow from the GR for the material components to the GR to finished goods.

So the process is

• GR for components goes directly to storage type created for DOCKWALL
  • The Material might be transfer to the material bin
  • During TO confirmation it will pick from 101 or 005 according with availability (yes, I need this process automatic here, the TO will be confirmed before 261
  • That is my first doubt, which should be the source and dest. for 261 in this case? Should I set this movement type to create a final TO?
  • This is my second doubt, the GR against the production order, how should I set this movement? I don't want the FG going to DOCKWALL again.

Thanks for helping

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

First Doubt : Keep source stor. type as 100 and dest. as 914. Automatically dest bin will be updated as order number. Yes you can set the mvt. type to create final TO.

Second Doubt : You can put source as 902 and maintain putaway strat. for doing putaway to some bins.Here, in this case you can follow the fixed bin strategy for putaway.

Regards,

RR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestions, I will adjust 261.

For the second topic, since I'm using the same 101 used for components (beginning of the process), the finished good goes to DOCKWALL as well right? I mean, the putaway strategy for 101 is already defined as you can see at the beginning. I think if I need to send FG to another storage type I will need to create another movement type copied from 101.

Antonio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right , you can create another mvt. type copying 101 assigning any other Bin no.

Another option is there which will not be so simple like the before. In 101 mvt. type don't fix dest. type as 101 and bin as DOCKWALL. Instead , you keep it blank, maintain fix bin strategy for putaway in stor. type 101 and maintain "DOCKWELL" in fixed bin in raw material master for the stor. type. Similarly, maintain "DOCKWELL1" or anything according to your wish in FG material master WM2 view.It is your wish , any option can be followed.

Hope it will be helpful .

Regards,

RR

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since I need a WM strategy just to pick materials during the TO confirmation, I think the following flow will work to me, based on some of your suggestions.

Thank you very much guys

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

GI 261 will directly consume the stock from 100 (if the control cycle is defined and storage type 100 is maintained) no need to addition movement from 100 to 914

GR 103, source will be 901,Check the detail of WM movement type 103 in standard SAP storage type 901 is maintained there

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have this additional 261 in my process, so that is why I need to include it in the flow.

For the GR 103 I agree, we are not doing GRs for the components at this point.

thanks

Antonio

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

During TO confirmation it will pick from 101 or 005 according with availability (yes, I need this process automatic here, the TO will be confirmed before 261  - If WM PP interface is active then using movement type 319 you transfer the stock to the line side in the above scenario your source will be 101 or 005 and destination will be the storage type which is maintained in the control cycle (in standard it is storage type 100)

•This is my second doubt, the GR against the production order, how should I set this movement? I don't want the FG going to DOCKWALL again. - In WM the movement type for GR against production is 103 and as per standard SAP it comes to storage type 901 and from there you can move to any other warehouse, if you don't want to send it to "DOCKWALL" then define a reference storage type in the movement type "103" and define a separate storage type search strategy in the LE--WM--STRATEGIES---Storage type search--Determine search sequence (in this case you will have two entry for operation E one with reference storage type search 103 and another without 103) so during normal receipt system will consider the value without 103 and when you are receiving against production order then it will consider with reference storage type 103