cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify the dispatching time of output during invoice creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have a special requirement for output in billing.

As we know we can set dispatching time in output condition master data in T-CODE: VV33 for billing output, currently we set it to '4 - Send immediately (when saving the application)' .

In our daily operation for create invoice we have two ways:

1. Manually create invoice

2. Batch job create invoice

Our requirement is when Manually create invoice, we want the dispatching time for the billing output be '4 - Send immediately (when saving the application)' ; when Job create the invoice, we want the dispatching time for the billing output be '1 - Send with periodically scheduled job'

As we know in master data there only can set one exact value for dispatching time for one record, I want to enable to modify dispatching time dynamicly based on own code logic.

So where can I add own coding logic to modify the dispatching time during invoice creation?

I have tried in requirement of access sequence, but failed.

Thanks for your great help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jeff, you will need some field in the condition records (access sequence) that would allow to distinguish between the two kinds of invoices.

What Santosh suggested is the easiest way, not sure you understood the idea. You can keep the same output type, but in the access sequence add another access on top and marked exclusive (so that it would "trump" all other conditions) with Sales Org/.../UserID. Normally I don't suggest including user IDs in the condition record, but in this case you'll just need one record for the user ID running the background job. (It should be some kind of generic BATCH user.) If invoice is not created by that user ID, then there would be no condition record found for that key and all other conditions will be accessed, as usual. So you'll just need to add one condition record, there is no "master data" involved.

You could also come up with another field, but the idea would still be the same - you need a top condition to kick in for the background job only somehow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

Thanks for your suggestion, it's a good idea to add one more records with field user ID in access sequence, it's a better way than coding, thanks!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can any one helps on this? thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff

How about adding one more condition type .

ZR01- Triggerged by system for Job .( Example Access sequence- Sales Org/Div/User{SYSADMIN}) -Dispatch -Periodic

ZR02- Manual Trigger. ( Example Access sequence- Sales Org/Div)- Disptach - send periodic .

This is serve the purpose .

Regards

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I was also think about this, but it's a burdan to business to maintain all related master data once again.

Also we need to write a routine to control which condition will effect in which situation.

So I think if we can find a user exist which enbale to update the related value before update the dispatch time to data base, it will be the best way.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the condition records, change the Dispatch time to 1 in VV32.

By doing this system will automatically pick output while processing with Job and when you want to manually create, just change the dispatch time from 1 to 4 in the Output processing (SHIFT+F8)

It will serve your purpose . check and revert with your findings

thanks

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for your advise, but we need to make the operation more efficient, could we modify the dispatch time in some user exist or enhancement spot by our own code during invoice creation?