Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KF Change History?

Krishna1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Could you please share your experience on enabling change history for KF?...Any lessons learned?  Any performance issues?...

We need to enable this for one of the most important KF and wanted to your experiences.

Any feedback is appreciated...

Thanks,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I have been testing this and everything went fine.

The recommendation received was to enable change history for 3 KFs (max 5).

If you would need to capture changes of a calculated KF that is based on stored KFs, then you would need to enable CH for all stored KFs that are part of the input.

Change History can`t be enabled in a planning area that uses supply operators.

Regards,

Alecsandra

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Change History has big impact on Performance and Sizing

Key is to not have too many KF on the same planning level than the KF for which you switch on the change history

Example:

KF1 & KF2 are on level Product-Customer

Boh shall be Change History enabled

On that level you have further 50 KF.

Than from sizing perspective you should consider if it would be possible to split into separate planning levels, having 2 different planning levels for Product-Customer that only differ in the technical name, but are complete identical in respect to MD / Attributes settings

And here surely you need to consider what Alecs said, and which might make this approach for performance optimization impossible.

E.g. if you have a cascading disaggregation logic (one KF based on the previous from the planning cycle), you end up with all of them needed

Yours

Irmi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any way we can view change history in a excel planning view?

0 Kudos

You could down load the change history in excel but I don't think you can link it directly to a planning view,  as the data in planning view is based on hana db, and the export to excel is static.  I maybe wrong though.

one other thing, once you enable change history i dont think you should disable it.

Vivek