Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax classification in material master can not be saved

prakash_parikh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I maintained Tax classification for country India for customer master and material master. It appears in the material master as 0 and 1 well.

However, when I am trying to save material master document and see in display mode it is showing blank. What could be reasons for that? I am unable to resolve. Appreciate for help. See ablve screenshots.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajiv_trivedi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

I had faced the same issue. Resolution is as below.

In defining Tax Determination rules, start from sequence number 1. In your screenhot, it is starting from 2 and so in material master it is not saving. If you start with sequence 1 then & then SAP allows to save the document. This will definitely resolve the issue. Please let me know if it does not work.

Thanks

Rajiv Trivedi

prakash_parikh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Trivedi,

Thanks a lot as my issue is over. Sequence was wrongly starting from 2 instead of 1. I made the change & now I am able to save tax categories in materail master.

Thread is now closed.

Thanks

Prakash

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prakash_parikh
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sumeet,

I checked and it exists correctly. In material master I can see tax category 1 and zero. After saving MM02, it does not hold tax category.

Thanks

Prakash

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prakash,

Please help me to understand when you are using MM03 - Select View as Sales Org 1 - What all data you are entering i.e. plant, sales org, distribution channel and after that Tax Data tab is visible or only respective tax classification is coming as pant, request you to please share the screen short if possible.

Thanks

SS

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prakesh,

Also one thing you need to check under path IMG-Logistic General - Material Masters - Maintain field selection in data screen // in this node you can set the behavior of screen transaction wise. What I suggest involve you MM consultant, he will able to explore it. Also you can refer below threads for more details.

Maintain Field Selection for Data Screens - Material Master - SAP Library

Thanks

SS

prakash_parikh
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sumeet,

Thanks for suggestions. I know field selection functionality of material master. In MM02 Tax classification is poping up and I can see 0, 1, 2 no tax, taxable & partial tax. I troed to save but when I go back to MM03 it is blank. It is not holding the data. I will update tomorrow by reworking on this issue.

stone_cold
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Did you get any error while saving the MMR with IN tax components.

Make sure you have saved the MMR properly by double checking it into change mode again.

Might be the record has update error while saving in database, just a wild guess.

Secondly , it may have some restrictions with country IN authorization to view the details in MMR.

Also check other material in display if you able to see tax information related to India.

BR,

Stone

prakash_parikh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stone,

While saving no error is shown. In change mode also tried to save but did not work. This is happening only for IN India country not for any others like US, Canada, Germany.

Thanks

Prakash P.

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prakash,

What is the country which is coming in MM01-sales org 1 Tab?

and plz check whether the country is defined under path IMG-SD- Basic function - Taxes - Define Tax determination Rule as below

Please check and let us know.

Thanks

SS

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prakash,

Have you maintained the Tax Relevancy of Master Records for Material Master?

Go to IMG - Sales and Distribution - Basic Functions - Taxes - Define Tax Relevancy Of Master Records - Material Taxes.

Here you need to assign the Tax Category, Tax Classifications and Description.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

prakash_parikh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

Apologize for delay. But I have already maintained Tax Category, Classification and description for material master. Issue is not there but somewhere else.

Thanks for time.

Any expert can advise for this?

We are not able to move since long time.

Thanks

Prakash

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prakash,

Just check had you maintain Define Tax Determination Rules under IMG-Sales & Distribution-Basic Function-Taxes

Please check it.

Thanks

SS

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check whether the plant has been assigned to sales org/DC in the  SPRO configuration?

Regards,