cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCM 2.0 edit catalog question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello group,

We have several catalogs in SRM but now want to start using CCM and a master catalog. I've configured everything with the configuration fact book CCM 2.0. And can start editing the master catalog. But now I'm lost. I would like to have just one item in the catalog. Have read that you should upload schema's, but I don't know how to make csv's for that. I've made a schema and a catagory, and can assign new made fields to them, but I don't want to make a mapping from nothing. Now I also cannot get rid of the schema and try something else.

Does anyone have a helpfull link or can anyone tell me what to do?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

Not strictly, you can manually create a schema and items but it is not advisable, I would suggest to use CSV for your catalog upload and product maintenance

Regards

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get errors when uploaden the full csv. First on line 3 defaults. I've put a # before the line. Then on line 5 Model en then on line 8 catalog, I've set the catalog type on 01 but with no effect Is it because I use language nl?

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leon

The language should not be relevent in this case, when you uploaded the initial CSV file it errored?? If so, can you please provide the log file entries of the upload from SLG1 so I can see the problem?

Regards,

jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

The original file was OK, and uploaded OK. It was because of changes the file did not work any longer. I've corrected the problem.

I now have another problem. I've published the catalogue and set the name of the catalogue in customizing (as described in the fact book), but when I choose the catalogue a new shopping window is opened in stead of the catalogue.

Do you have any idea how this might come?

I have rewarded you six points already. You might get the full 10 points

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the problem. It seemed I had to fill some variables in customizing.

Now I only have to find a way to get the button to accept an item working.

Regards, Léon Hoeneveld

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

I do not understand the last statement, 'a button to get the item working'?? Do you mean to find an item in the published catalog whcih can be sent to the shopping cart without the 'Incomplete items in catalog' error?

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean approval of items. Now I can publish the catalog but the items are not visible (there still is the problem that the items don't show after upload, but I've made my own items) The transaction for approval of catalogue-items doesn't make the button for approval active.

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please ensure (a) that your user has the role /ccm/catalog_approver and (b) that the user is added is under the schema tab as an approver for the particular catalog.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get a dump when trying to add an approver: CX_SY_DYN_CALL_ILLEGAL_TYPE with directions to change DATA of a class. I will search the notes for that.

I made a test catalogue with items approved.

I rewarded you ten points. Although the items don't show when uploading the full file. I however know enough to get it working.

And there still is the problem of the message that says the item is incomplete.

The search continues.

Regards, Léon Hoeneveld

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

My note 1026700 fixes the approval dump, you should apply this (I guess from this your are on SP7)

The incomplete items are just related to the fact that the data passed from your CCM is not sufficient to create a SC in EBP, see note 395312 for full clarification of the requirements for the OCI transfer.

Regards,

Jason

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

Please provide your email address and I will send you some example files for use.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

please do that leon.hoeneveld@tno.nl

Former Member
0 Kudos

I received the files in good order. Thank you.

I think using csv (or other upload files) is the only way to manage the catalogs. Is that correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

Can you please provide me the sample files you shared with Leon?

Thanks,

<removed by moderator>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>Please refer to the following links.</u>

<b>

</b>

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Do you have an example of a csv file? I didn't find any with the links. Also I get an error message when I try to upload .csv files. The error says that the extension is not supported.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>Few related links -></u>

<u>Try this as well-></u>

Currently, The data, which needs to be loaded, is stored in which file ? (IS it Notepad file (.txt) or Excel file (.xls), tab deleimete, comma delimited (.csv) or some other format.

In the MS Excel sofware, Try saving the data file again as (Say testfile.xls), when you open the file using MS Excel, you again save the file in the extension (.csv - say testfile.csv, in this case)

Then try again upload the data.

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul