cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hybris RDS Data Load

Former Member
0 Kudos

We've been doing a data load into our newly configured Hybris system to use for initial POC and demonstration.  We are currently working through the DJ1 and DJ2 data load of non-SAP CRM data using the RDS.

We are finding there to be a lot of errors.  For example, the Data Services job Job_DM_DAT_LOAD_CEI_NON_CRM loads data from a provided set of Excel files.  This script fails repeatedly because in some of the Excel files the script is looking for a worksheet named "Sheet1" and instead the file contains "sheet1".  In other places the opposite is true.  We had to fix approximately 10-15 files just to get the validation part of the process to work.  Each time an error occurs the problem has to be fixed and then the script re-run.  Then when it came time for the data load itself (which is in progress now), we go SQL errors as some of the Excel files were missing fields.

I find this all very odd. What seems like it should have been a straightforward process has turned into taking multiple days.  It seems like these resources could not have passed testing.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

Sorry to hear that.  For initial POC/demonstration, can you follow the procedure I showed in the following blog

Also, for any non-SAP data you have, I recommend you load it as interactions.  You can use "items of interaction" scope item from rapid data load package OR methods described in the inbound interface guide found @ SAP hybris Marketing – SAP Help Portal Page

Interactions are key in hybris Marketing.  Once your own data as interactions, it is available in segmentation and can be used campaign managment..etc.  You can also extend interaction data model to suit your needs (eg: adding new fields).

I dont recommend to use DJ1 and DJ2 for loading non-SAP data.

Thanks

-Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will look over these resources, thank you.

For a meaningful POC in my environment, I need to demonstrate full scope of Hybris functionality showing what it will look like if we integrate it with our ERP and/or CRM systems. I will look over the recommended resources you have noted, but we are more interested in exploring some of the analytics components and features that are less common, as neither campaign management or interaction management is of primary importance.  (That's the reason for the POC--to see if there is anything of value for us in Hybris or not.)  We may be, for example, interested in the social media harvesting and analysis component.  Unfortunately, we cannot get the Data Services jobs for those tasks to work as documented.

I've spent about the last 8 weeks trying to get Hybris configured and get the RDS data loaded.  It has been challenging as things just don't work the way they are documented.  I am not trying to use DJ1 and DJ2 to transport our company data.  I'm just trying to use them as delivered by SAP with their data in them.  It just doesn't work.

Thanks for your assistance.  I will study the resources you noted more to see what they offer.

former_member183196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Considering you are interested social media analysis, you can use "Load social media data for SAP hybris Marketing" scope item from rapid data load package.  It provide integration content with twitter, facebook page, google+ and Klout public KPI. 

If you have SAP ERP/CRM, then SLT is used to replicate the data from the respective source systems to hybris Marketing.

Thanks

-Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

We have encountered issues there with a transform in the Data Services job.  We plan to return to that after we have resolved the CRM data load.  I can post more about this in the future.  Thanks for your continued interest and assistance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

I like your demo "How to do a quick "POC" with SAP hybris Marketing with your own data" , based on this I tried installing yMKT RDS. It was successful, but, I am not able to see the menu option "import" from "Data Management" menu. Am i missing something, please guide me.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

FrankFinkbohner
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

at first, thx for your comment on SAP SCN and we apologize if we accidently delivered wrong data files in the RDS' package download.

The CRM data load passed our tests without any error in data files (wrong worksheets or missing fields) before our delivery. We are at them moment trying to figure our if we accidentially an old set of files. But to check this, we need some questions answered by you:

1.) What RDS version are you using?

2.) What CRM version are you using?

3.) What database and version are you using for Data Services?

4.) Which version of Data Services are you using?

5.) Which server and OS version (Windows/Unix) are you running for Data Services?

6.) Where did you get the data from?  http://support.sap.com/swdc?

7.) Can you please give us some examples (file names)  where the Worksheets are wrongly named or fields are missing?

The eaisest way to fix such errors rapidly is to create an SAP ticket on the component listed in the rapid data loads version related SAP Note. We are normally answering within 24 hours.

Many thx for you help,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank, thanks for your offer of assistance. Here are the answers to your questions:

1. 3.11
  2. EHP3 for SAP CRM 7.0  (but note that we haven't linked Hybris into any other system in our landscape).
  3. SQL Anywhere 12.0.1
  4. 14.2.5.800
  5. Linux Redhat 6
  6. the URL you noted above
  7. We are currently working through document DJ2, running the aforementioned job.  File TJ02T.xls failed on validation. The file contained a sheet named sheet1, the job was looking for Sheet1. Sometimes the casing was the inverse in the failure.  We encountered this issue with the files TJ02T, CRMD_CHM_CLASS, HRP1000, HRP1001, and TSAD3T.  We were able to fix these ourselves and move along.  What we have run into now as an unresolvable problem is missing fields in the provided xls files.  These are resulting in SQL errors.  We tried putting in a column for the missing field, but in both cases the fields that were absent were would not accept nulls.  We have found this with CRMC_MKTPL_CYTPE.xls, which is missing PLANGROUP, and then a similar problem with another file that we haven't dug into more fully.  I will attach to this post the screen capture from Data Services Designer for these two issues.

I'll wait for your reply to this and then will note for the future to open an SAP ticket.  We try to avoid that if the issue is one we can resolve on our own.  Thanks for help you can provide.

FrankFinkbohner
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

we have done a check of our files and code and foudn exactly the same files having different worksheet names. We have corrected them and are waiting that these will be uploaded. We have tested the code on a DS running on a Windows server and using SAP HANA as repository and staging database. We think that running DS on Linux causes this error because Linux is more case sensitive than Windows. It might also be caused from the higher SP level of the DS you are running.

The RDS was tested and released on DS 4.2 SP3. But nevertheless, the Worksheet names are corrected now and will be uploaded to the Software Download Center with the next correction cycle.

For the missing field we will check why this doesn't came up in our tests.

But dependent on the sceanrios you will check in hybris Marketing you don't need to load all the tables. Only tables assigned to a specific apps the former ADT, CVI and PRI needs to be load. The others are normally not used wihtin hybris marketing. i.e. CRMC_MKTPL_CTYPE was not marked as used anymore for CVI the time we tested the data load and the missing field PLANGROUP is also not marked as used. So it might be that one of our external testers skipped that file. But nevertheless the field is actually missing and we will correct this.

The dump is caused because the CRM table fields are created as not null on the HANA database. So the Planergroup field must always be mapped to an initial default value '' if it is null.

The CRM_ORDERADM_H table entries are generated out of CRMD_DHR_* table entries.

In this case the CRMD_DHR_ACTIVE table. The ORDERADM_H is only used for PRI.

We are internally checking why this error does not appear during our tests.

I am on holidays starting today. But my colleague will care for this. If it is possible please create an official ticket for this error SAP component SV-RDS-EIM that my developer can care for this error.

Best regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

We attempted to do as you indicated and open a support ticket on this issue. The reply we received was as follows:

"Unfortunately, this issue is out of the scope of hybris support and we are not able to help here.  According to the routing rules, we are assigning this incident back to you."

Our level of frustration here is pretty high given the above and all the time we've invested just trying to develop a PoC.  Any assistance you can provide here would be appreciated.

FrankFinkbohner
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

Sorry to hear that.

Which component have you used for this SAP support ticket?
It seems that this ticket was created for getting hybris support instead of RDS support.

The hybris support does not care for the RDS' ticket(s). So the answer is formally correct but does not really help you. The right component for the rapid data load RDS is SV-RDS-EIM which is also assigned to my group.

My developers are currently checking the errors and are waiting for that ticket to hand over the correct solution.

Can you please check again the component and if it is not SV-RDS-EIM please exchange it and please also tell me the ticket number that we can take over the ticket if it is forwarded to the wrong component.

Many Thx and Best regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

I checked with my Basis Admin about this, and he just updated a previous Hybris ticket we had in.  He either has already or soon will be resubmitting this using the component you referenced.  Sorry for the confusion here. 

FrankFinkbohner
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

sounds good. I have just send an email to my developers to take over the message when it arrives,

Thx,

Frank