cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Data transfer from one table to another table from MDG generated table to ECC standard table

mukeshkumawat
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am new to MDG and a help is require !!

I have a query regarding Data transfer from one table to another table from MDG generated table to ECC standard table  let say for Exp . In Flex Mode i have created a Custom Data model and added Entity and Attribute on it now after activation of data model MDG will generate it's Table and now we have standard Tables in same ECC system and want to move data from MDG generated tables to these standard tables.

What kind of backend ABAP program needs to configure or not ? or Mapping is required.

Appreciate your Answer in Advance !!!

Thanks,

Mukes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh

You are creating custom data model means you have to use SOA services for data replication as per Configure the Data Replication - SAP Help Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't agree that you "have" to use SOA. The above is very specific to MDG-F which has existing SOA services. To configure "Data Replication" using SOA, you need a SOA service in the first place. It is a possible solution (to create a SOA service and configure it). However, it might be a little over-kill for a co-deployed solution to do so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agree but for Flex custom data model either we have to Custom Idoc or SOA for data replication.

I also agree for reuse in co deployement mode it is taken care by access class and no extra effort is needed for data replication.

Is this correct?

Also can you tell me purpose of GenIl objects/BOL used specality for BP and API used only for MM. I already created thread for this

Diffreance between SPI for MM and GenIL for BP

What is meaning of field proprety as not defined in case of Hidden in GenIL objects?

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, is the target ECC table in the same box as the MDG system or it is a different box (basically, I'm asking whether you have a hub or a co-deployed MDG system).

Either way, for flex mode, you should look at how MDG-F does its replication. You will need to replicate the data out of MDG space into ECC space (being on the same or in a different box).

You might want to consider "reuse" mode as it is a more straight-forward solution. If you have a co-deployed solution, then, there is nothing extra to do. If you have a hub, you might want to establish a direct table-to-table interface between the two systems using SOAP or a custom IDOC.

mukeshkumawat
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Appreciation your guidance !

It will be Co-deployment  MDG system so basically both MDG and tables are relaying on same system .

Does we can use the MDG generated Table for further processing ? I.e the staging and active area will be relay on same table  and we could use it for further processing means no data replication is required.

I just wanted to know the process to move data from MDG generated Table to Custom tables .

Thanks,

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

In re-use mode, data only moves to the ECC table after activation. So, during approval, everything is stored in staging tables that you should not have to worry about.

So, I would definitely recommend a "re-use" implementation of your custom ECC tables. You have to build an "access" class that will handle moving the data eventually to the actual tables when the CR is activated.

You should always consult this page for any MDG questions:

This document (can be found in the above page) addresses your question in more details: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80cfacff-803f-2f10-ec92-9af0dd9fd...