cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM1.0SP13 patch4 PI upgrade 7.11 to 7.40 error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

We're using SUM1.0SP13 patch4 in order to do a PI upgrade from 7.11(sp13) Kernel 721_EXT_REL v331 to 7.40(sp11) Kernel 7.42 v212

Oracle 11g

AIX 6.1 64-bit

I took my time to read the SUM GUIDE and these notes:

SUM note 2039311
Oracle note 2039312
AIX note 1780629

NW note 1751237

And as a result of reading all the notes/SUMguide I applied many notes / changed PRIOR to starting SUM.

Once I started SUM, I reached extraction phase and am STUCK on this error:

In case you can't read the attached PIC, I am in phase PREP_INIT/SETSYNC_PREP_STARTED and I am getting an error saying Last error code set: No  synchronization mechanism available

I have tried re-running the phase, but no luck, same error.  The logs don't really say much:

CURRENTPHASE PREP_INIT/SETSYNC_PREP_STARTED

...started at 20150806114645

# Setting syncpoint PREPARE=STARTED

..finished at 20150806114645 with status ABORTED.

# Error message set: 'No synchronization mechanism available'

...begin dialog at 20150806114658

I cannot find any notes/threads or searches that address this issue.

I'll open a message if I must, but I'd rather submit here first to see if anyone has an idea!

Thanks

NICK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I stopped / started the SAP instance, just to see if that made a difference...still failed.

I also moved up to SUM 1.0 SP13 Patch 5 (latest as of today).  Still failed at the same spot/same error.

--NICK

CharlesChen
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

So any other detailed error information is reported in the log file SAPupConsole.log?

And if you run the 2 commands below with user <sid>adm,  what are the outputs of them?

sapcontrol -nr <instance number> -function GetSystemInstanceList

sapcontrol -nr <instance number> -function GetProcessList

Best regards,

Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Nick,

Can you please paste the logs for the SETSYNC_PREP_STARTED.log or .eLG file here. That will be avilable in your /SUM/abap/log or /sum/java/log directories.

Also any other latest SUM logs. And one more thing to check is does the the SUM directory has full permission for your <SID>adm user and has created a new /SUM/ABAP/exenew or exe folder and verify under that if the new kernel is extracted if yes.

Let us know if your still facing the issue.

regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ended up starting over, then using the "OLD" method of ./STARTUP with the JAVA view on port 4239 instead of the newer method of ./SUMSTART confighostagent

that allowed me to get past that point and I am running OK now.

NICK

Answers (0)