Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 2.0 - record lock entry remains after browser close

jay_pandit
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

This is on a Personas 2.0 SP3 system. I was in Personas QM02 Basic View, editing a Notification. I closed the browser using the red X button  at the top right corner of the browser ( true, not really a graceful exit, but a quick one ). I noticed a Lock entry for the record remained in SM12 under my id, and my Personas session was still visible in SM04 (identifiable by a description "http plug-in"). Tried to edit the same Notification again, it would not let me in --  got the expected message that the record was locked by me. By clearing my Personas session in SM04, and/or clearing the Lock entry in SM12, it was fine again.

What I'm wondering is : 

Is any way to avoid such lock entries when exiting via the browser's red X button (since some users sometimes click the red X button) ?

Thanks for any insights,

Jay.

p.s.

I noticed that when I exit Personas by clicking the X on the browser Tab , it worked fine .... lock entry got cleared out, and Personas session in SM04 disappeared as well.  Also, tried the same thing (QM02, then red X to exit) in WebGUI and Personas 3.0 --> the lock entry got cleared upon exit. So, only in Personas 2.0, this lock issue occurs. I only tried QM02, but perhaps the same issue occurs for other update transactions.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

This should be fixed (Issue was due to logoff not being sent to backend on click on X on browser window.) some time back but I cant remember the exact version, so I would recommend you to update to latest notes and recheck.

Let me know if you still see issue with latest notes.

Thanks

Chinthan

jay_pandit
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chinthan,

Thanks for the response.  In our Dev system, we had already applied all the June17 Notes (for Personas 2.0 SP3). Only the July20 Notes had not been applied. After the June17 Notes were applied, "skipcloseconfirmation" URL parameter started working as expected, but at the same time I suspect the Logoff/Lock issue crept in.

I suspect this, because in our QA system (also Personas 2.0 SP3) where the June17 Notes have not been fully applied, "skipcloseconfirmation" parameter is not working, but the Logoff/Lock issue is not occurring either.

Anyway, in our Dev system, we now applied the latest July20 Notes 2194262, 2194118, 2194034 yesterday. While this did fix the Logoff/Lock issue (except when using Firefox browser***), ... we however immediately noticed a couple of other unusual things:

1. While executing a script, a button push (that normally pops-up a pop-up screen) has actually started showing the pop-up screen briefly during the execution of the script.

2. Inactive buttons (IsEnabled property = False) which appeared 'grayed out' before, now show the background color that the button normally shows when active.

So, we're contemplating what to do next. (whether to retain or revert the June & July Notes we have applied, while we can figure out these latest issues listed above).

Thanks,

Jay.

*** When using Firefox browser, (with June17 Notes installed), upon clicking the browser's red X to exit, .....  my browser closes without confirmation even if 'skipcloseconfirmation=true' is not in effect, and backend session stays on and records stay locked.

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Yes we are aware of the 2 issues (script execution showing on screen and inactive buttons color) and it should be fixed with the note that we will be releasing this week. Please apply that and recheck. If you still face issue, I would suggest you to log a message.

skipcloseconfirmation is browser specific because the leave page confirmation is shown by the browser.

Thanks

Chinthan

jay_pandit
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chinthan,

We've applied the latest Aug Note which came out earlier this week. Using IE and Chrome, all the above-mentioned issues are resolved now.  When exiting via the browser's X button, Skipcloseconfirmation is working ok, Logoff is occurring ok (no record locks leftover), the unusual effects (of the July notes) that I described in my prior note above, are now gone.

Only Firefox still not behaving as expected when exiting via browser's red X button :  close confirmation is skipped regardless of skipcloseconfirmation setting. I noted, as you mentioned above, that this can browser specific (although in the past I could have sworn that Firefox used to pop-up a confirmation), but anyway logoff is not occurring either -- session remains in sm04, and record locks remain in sm12. Not sure if it's some setting on my firefox browser, or something more.

Anyway, our users mainly use IE, so I think we're ok for the most part now, with the latest note in place. Thanks much for your help.

Jay.

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Good to hear that.

Can you tell me the version of Firefox browser?

Thanks

Chinthan

jay_pandit
Participant
0 Kudos

It is Firefox  version 38.2.0

Answers (0)