cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity Check in planned order and production order different

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have one problem connected with capacity planning during planned order creation and production order creation in discrete manufacturing.

If I create planned order with MD11, type LA and conduct capacity check I can see overload (pop up). But at the same time, material, plant etc. during production order creation CO01 I do not have overload. System says all capacities available although I have firmed (fix) planned order on machines.

I have capacity activated in prod. order open and released, both.

Please suggest why is not working in the same way or how propose solution to have it for planned and production ord. the same.

Thanks and Regards

Kat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thank you for this valuable input. Unfortunately Basic Load was done but still not fix. capacity tag in planned order. Same situation now:

1. Planned order overload

2. Production order all capacities available.

Do you know what can be still wrong or different?

Rgds. Kat.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Katrin

Your system is working as designed.

The basic load does not consider planned order dispatched operations, as they are not considered as confirmed/committed capacities.

BR

Caetano

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, thank you. Do you maybe know the possibility to adapt capa check in production order custom standard in such way like in planned order?

This is what my key user would like to have. One to one behavior in plan and production.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

And one more thing. Do you maybe know with which overall capacity profile planned order are running by default?

For prod order there is OPJK. An planned?

Rgrds

Kat.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Katrin

On the SAP Help link previously mentioned we can find the following information:

The logic of the capacity availability check is based on a basic load that consists of dispatched operations and operations with confirmed capacity - as defined in the standard profile. Any other definition could lead to incorrect results in the capacity availability check. You are therefore advised to use only the standard settings.

You may try to change your selection profile to include actual and planned capacity requirements. I have never tested this change but it may work.

Be aware that the SAP Help clearly suggests you to use the standard settings, as the capacity availability check was created considering these specific profile settings.

BR
Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for prompt reply. Yes, both are checked. All settings in both transactions are the same.

Regards

Kat.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Capacity availability check of a production order always considers only the basic load on any work center, that means, the confirmed/commited capacity.

Since the capacities have not been confirmed/committed, system shows that there is enough capacity available for the production order. In order to evaluate the basic load, transaction CM07 with overall profile SAPSFC010 may be the best option, since CM01 shows all scheduled capacity requirments.

The definition of the basic load can be found in the SAP online documentation, on the following link:

Determination of Basic Load - Capacity Leveling (PP-CRP-LVL) - SAP Library

You can also review the following notes, which provide more details about the basic load and the availability check:

159337 - Capacity Check: Basic Load

160613 - Capacity check: Capacity availability check

BR
Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Katrin,

Check for SPRO settings in OPU5 for planned order type (LA) - Plant combination and also OPU3 for Plant - Production Order type combination.

Do you have "Generate Capacity requirement" selected in both the cases under detailed scheduling ?

Regards,

Rohit