Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infotype 0003 issue

former_member267852
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I got a requirement that to Analyze Infotype 0003.

Basically, field PA0003-RRDAF is hidden in PA30 and we are not populating data into the field but value has been inserted into table PA0003 and based on this date value, retro has been processing. No BADI and P0008-RRDAF has been commented out in MP000300 program. then how the value got populated into PA0003-RRDAF?

Kindly help the same,

Regards,

Naresh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member221248
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Naresh,

It is standard practice that infotype 0003 will create automatically via system. You can emphasis more on the issue on which you are supposed to do analysis to us so that we can help me someway 🙂

Regards,

Nanny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

RRDAF basically captures the start date of the previous payroll run. To the best of my knowledge, this date does not impact retro of the current payroll run.

You can test in as below:

1) Execute payroll for any employee for any month(e.g. April15). Assuming there is no retro in this period, RRDAF will be automatically set to start of this payroll, i.e. 01.04.2015.

2) Execute payroll for next month(assuming no retro). RRDAF will be automatically set to 01.05.2015. The previous value of RRDAF (01.04.15 from step 1 does not force retro to 01.04.2015).

Regards

Tania

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

If the RRDAF in a person's IT 3 is prior to current pay period start date, then current payroll will retro to the pay period corresponding to this RRDAF date.

A review of your payroll guide is recommended.

Regards, JG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That holds true for RRDAT(Earl. MD change), i don't think RRDAF works in that way (I may be wrong). This is based on what I have seen in my system.

E.g. Consider the scenario where an employee's payroll has been executed till Jun.:

Existing It 3: Earl. MD change (RRDAT) is blank, RRDAF is 01.03.2015.

When I run July payroll, the system does not go retro. It executes for one period only.

You can check the screenshots and try the same in your system.

I am not certain about the utility of the RRDAF field(the name itself states Not in Use). Testing more scenarios may throw some light on this.

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tania

Sorry, my mistake. You are right RRDAF is for internal use by SAP.  RRDAT (MD change date) is updated when Payroll related infotype records in the past are saved.

Regards, JG

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Standard functionality is to change the P0003-RRDAF based on infotype's config.  If an infotype is set to impact payroll as per config in V_T582A, entering a change for this infotype for a past pay period will change the IT 3 master data change date to the infotype record's start date.

If the business rules are that for a specific infotype, it should not impact payroll, then change its config in V_T582A.

Similar applies to infotype config re: time eval.

It is not a standard practice to change such an important functionality by changing or modifying code.  A professional consultant would not dream of it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

This field value is being populating automatically when payroll been processed.

Now what's the issue actually? you wan to remove that hidden field value?Is that hidden field value is creating any issue?

Please confirm