Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

external stand-alone java client connection to SAP PI server

p_k3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to write a small program that connects to the PI server every hour and downloads the hourly volume header data but I cant figure out the API to connect to the PI server.

This program is a stand alone client java program that will run on my local computer. It's like developing a simple program using JCo API to connect to ECC system. Is there any similar API to connect to PI servers?

All I need is to connect to the PI server, read the header data using monitoring API and download it onto my local system for my  custom reports.

Can anyone help me with the classes with which I can connect to the PI server using my Java program?

Thanks in advance,

PK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

p_k3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for your help. Learnt a lot about PI WebServices.

However, there is one servlet in PI, that can be accessed from external clients too, which processes the requests for RWB Message Monitoring specifically for Database (overview) based requests.

The blog

explains it perfectly.

Thanks all for your help again

cheers, PK

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PK,

You can try solutions mentioned in this blog.

p_k3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I have gone through your blog / YouTube videos. They were quite useful.

But I am still not able to figure out what are the classes to be used to construct a request to AdapterMonitoringVI service.

I couldn't find useful documentation about the webservices in PI. Do you have any such link / url / document / programme that can give me more info about the webservice

cheers, PK

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PK,

How to consume web services hosted by SAP PI / PO

This blog uses ChannelAdmin web service. You do same thing for AdapterMonitoringVI.

If you want to generate stub classes please check (Suggested by Inaki) and http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/community/education/web/t320/Generating_a_client_from_WSDL.pdf

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the Integration Directory API:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0336199-d3c7-2c10-c983-f8a945a45...

If you go to Service Registry you can find some WS to get data from PI. Check Michal's blog with one example

Regards.