cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory Manager 7.5: Cannot connect to Maximo 7.6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Currently we are upgrading from Maximo 7.1.1.7 to Maximo 7.6.

We are facing some connection issues while connecting to the Maximo 7.6 application server.

Here some specifications:

• SMART INVENTORY MANAGER 7.5
  • Agentry version 6.0.30.0
  • Websphere 8.5.5.3
  • Maximo Asset Management 7.6.0.0

mxe.registry.port = 13400

In the javabe.ini:

servername = <servername>:13400/MXServer

maximoAuthenticationMethod=Native

Environment variable (path).

path= D:\java\jdk1.7.0_79\bin;D:\java\jdk1.7.0_79\jre\bin\server;D:\java\jdk1.7.0_79\jre\lib.........

My firewall is disabled.

I did copy the "businessobject.jar" from the 7.6 installation.

Still i receive this error message:

The system could not connect to an application server on the specified host. Please ensure that the application server is running.

Is anyone familiar with this issue?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Annelies,

Hi. SAP Work Manager 8.1 was released to support Maximo 7.6. This was also released in SAP Mobile Platform (Agentry pluggin version 7.X).

From July 31st 2015, the Agentry 6.0.X is end of extended maintenance (see: SAP note # 52505 for end of maintenance definition).

In order for you to work with Maximo 7.6 version please read and download the SAP Work Manager 8.1 for Maximo. This is available under service.sap.com <-- choose Support Portal <-- Choose Download software.

The issue could be that the libraries that you used in the older version 7.5.2 is not compatible with Maximo 7.6.

Hope this helps out. Please mark this SCN thread as answered if you find this helpful.

Have a great day.

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

former_member265714
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Couple of things

1) Did you upgrade the Maximo files (businessobjects.jar, mbojava.jar, mboejbclient.jar, etc.) after the upgrade

2) For LDAP, these files need to be extracted from the maximo.ear from Websphere directory and not the maximo.ear from the Maximo directory.

Thanks

Subash