cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to print to the correct tray.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are trying to print Adobe list of a specific type to a printer (hp LaserJet 600 M602) from our ECC system. The requirement is that it should always print using Tray 4 and if the tray runs out of paper it should wait till paper is added to the tray and not pick up from another tray.  We modified the xdc file hppcl5c.xdc to add the following entry:-

We also added the following line to the xdc file:

<inputTrayDefinition name="Tray 4" trayType="A4" trayNumber="7"/>

But when the tray is set as tray with pre-printed paper, it takes ordinary paper from tray 5 or 3 or whichever is available. Is there anyway to set this to pick the pre-printed paper only?

From the information I have the printer is a PCL6, is there somewhere I can check and confirm if this is indeed PCL6? The device type in SPAD is HJL8000: HP Laserjet 8000 R4.5+ONLY!

Regards,

RN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello RN,

do you have the chance to "catch" the PCL print data which will be sent to the printer?

The goal of this question is to see whether the PCL source code can be analysed.

If th PCL source code can be checked, if I am not mistaking the following PCL command should be contained to use Tray 4:

<esc>&l8H

If the source code contains the &l8H command, it seems the correct tray selection is sent and the printer hardware overrides it. In this case the printer needs to be configured to handle the trays and papers "differently". (Sorry for the vague term, but this is heavily vendor / model / firmware dependent, so the exact steps should be in the printer guide book.)

Best regards,

Laszlo