cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register gateway service (Odata)

amol_samte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are on 7.4 sp 09, at the time of registering service I am not able to register the service.

If it is configuration related issues, just let me know what are the other prerequisite for better understanding and how to deal.

-Amol S

reethimanth_k
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am trying to register my service through Gateway Service Builder, but couldn't. Is it a configuration issue, then let me know how to overcome it.

Apart from service, I found one existing service which shows neither active not inactive but it was running fine.

I went to tcode /maint_service and added the service in BEP also but when executed through Gateway client it throws 500 internal error..

Please suggest

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

NagaPrakashT
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Have you created System alias in your gateway server. i don't see any in your screenshot.

Please refer to this configuration guide http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-41416

Thanks,

Naga

amol_samte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi  Naga,

Thanks for your reply.

I just wanted to know and I am on 7.4 SP 09, is it necessary to create Alias.

If yes, then once i created alias can I able to create end to end application?

Sorry that might be silly questions .

-Amol S

NagaPrakashT
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

yes you have to create Alias. Please go through quick configuration guide it has all the details.

If you stuck else any where, let us know.

Thanks,

Naga

amol_samte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

Defiantly I will get back to you .

Thanks  I will check this.

-Amol S

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

If you do not create an alias for registering the service, you can still register it by using transaction '/IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE' in the gateway hub system.

You can also find the configuration required for central hub scenario in this discussion:

Regards,

Ekansh

amol_samte
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ekansh,

Thanks for your reply.

Then what difference between creating an Alias and using transaction '/IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE'

On other side using transaction '/IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE' I am getting message like user no longer logged on.

-Amol S

nageshcaparthy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

You can see the details on Alias Configuration

/IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE - is used to Activate and Maintain Services.

You can find full details about this at SAP Gateway Self-Paced Learning - Technologies - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Nagesh

amol_samte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh,

If I am not wrong, In alias we can also activate and maintain service.

Is /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE  used for below 7.4 versions ?

-Amol S

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anmol,

I have described this in that thread.

There are two system aliases which you need to maintain for the whole configuration: 1 in back end(pointing towards front-end gateway system) and 1 in front end system(pointing towards back-end gateway system). If you do not maintain the system alias in the backend system, you will not see it in SEGW transaction-> Service Registration node. However if you have system alias configured in the front end system, you can go to /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE and register the service. There is no such difference in both the processes.

For User no longer logged on error: use '/n/IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE' because as I have read somewhere that traditionally sap does not allow '/I' as initial keywords.

Regards,

Ekansh

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No its not that we use that transaction only in NW < 7.4. It is available and used in any system which has IW_FND or SAP_GWFND component installed and gateway activated.

Regards,

Ekansh

amol_samte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ekansh and Nagesh,

As discussed earlier if i do not create system alias still i can register a service by using T code /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE.

Below is the SS of above T code. Is everything seems ok ?

-Amol S

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anmol,

I do not see any system alias(created in gateway, pointing to backend) attached with the service. May be because in this screenshot you have selected any service from the list. Please select the desired service and then post a snapshot here.

Regards,

Ekansh

amol_samte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ekansh,

As per your guidance I have attached screen shot.

-Amol S

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Is this the embedded setup? or you want to fetch the data from the local system?

If this is the above case, the setup looks fine. Otherwise if this is the hub system, the local alias needs to be deleted and the appropriate alias of backend needs to be attached to this service.

Regards,

Ekansh

amol_samte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ekansh,

Its very difficult for me  to provide details about setup and others.

Actually We have HANA system 7.4 SP 9.

Does it requires to create HUB system?

-Amol

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

As you are not aware of the complete deployment scenario, here is my assumption.

As it is NW7.4, it has gateway components installed. So there is no need to create another system for Hub. You can proceed with embedded approach. This means that the service is developed on the same system and also registered on the same system. The data is also on the same system. For this scenario, the alias seems good and it should be able to run the service.

Please test this in the gateway client.

Let me know if this is not the scenario.

Regards,

Ekansh

amol_samte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ekansh,

Actually I am complete new to gateway, odata world.

Just I had downloaded 'Brand-new ABAP 7.4 for SAP HANA End to End Development Guide with Latest ABAP 7.4 SP5 Features' and started development and stuck at service registration because I was unable to see service registration at gateway hub.

-Amol S

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you test that service in gateway client?

Regards,

Ekansh

nageshcaparthy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I would recommend to go through the Self Paced Learning. It has all the necessary details. Please close the thread with a suitable answer.

Regards,

Nagesh

Answers (0)