cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to build a BO with different Parties.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to build a bigger custom business object containing different parties. I looked at the BO Salesorder and noticed that SAP build a clever structure of associations (a party node containing all parties with typecodes and each party as an association to this party node).

I tried to build it like that and it looked great and seems to work, but I have one big problem. As soon as I want to add an address to a party I got stuck.

The address can be references as an association as well, but then I have no chance of overwrite the address with a custom one or I can only add an existing address.

And if I want to use it in a soap webservice as well, I have no chance to send the complete address to the BO.

In my mind the structure "DependentObject" seems to be a great opportunity, but if I see it correctly only TextCollection and AttachmentFolder can be used as a dependent object?

Is there another opportunity as rewriting the address from scratch?

Best regards

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

if you want to use Addresses I can recommend the "AddressSnapshot" to you.

An Guide how to use that can you find in the Business Center and the reference where exactly to find in the repository explorer (BO: AddressSnapshot).

Beste regards,

Tobias

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias, David,

The AddressSnapshot is read-only.

David: Do you use a real Party or do you want to re-model the Party also?

If it's the first, then Tobias` suggestion makes sense:

• Use the party
  • Use the Address at the Party
  • Use the AddressSnapshot at the Custom BO

HTH,

Horst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

you're right the AddressSnapshot is read-only from the PDI but you can use the Embedded Components to fill the AddressSnapshots with Data from the UI.

Best regards

Tobias