cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i create a new odata service(url)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

i am having a lot of questions in my mind about odata service, i read documentation placed on odata.org and i also read your blog i understand how to perform operation on url but i have a question regarding that how i can create a new odata service?

1) i need to use odata sevice with node.js and front end with openui5, for that i have to create a new odata service or use already defined services?

2) how can i create a new service by using odata.

please help me!!!

with regards..

Swapnil.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Swapnil,

Please take a look at this document http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/mobility-platform/blog/2014/09/18/smp-30-an-end-to-end... which may help you to walk through the OData services creation in SAP NWG.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

above url is helpful for me..

thanks sushmitha mam,

regards

swapnil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nageshcaparthy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

With regards to SAP we develop RFC's in SAP ECC and then create a project in Netweaver Gateway in SEGW and we redefine the required services and generate them. The generated URL services is our oData Serivce which we use for UI5/App Development. If you are looking for this details; You learn about this in the following link: Gateway @ Self Paced

If you are want to test them for trial, you can get access Cloud SAP server for free. Refer to the link :  SAP Gateway Cloud.

Please suggest what is your back-end server and does it support oData services????

Regards,

Nagesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nagesh Sir,

i am working on a open source project on sap,  front end with openui5 and server side api with node.js as a backend server and databse mongodb. for accessing the i need to use odata service so i have to create a new service for this project, i refered allot about odata but i cant find how to create our own service. this discussion help me for clearing my thoughts regarding odata.

thanks and regards

Swapnil..

nageshcaparthy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Swapnil,

Glad to know that you have good understanding now. Further you may also refer to this link on installing the required components for MongoDB and node.js

http://jaydata.org/blog/install-your-own-odata-server-with-nodejs-and-mongodb

If no further questions, please close the thread.

Regards,

Nagesh

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

Odata is an open standard. It is not developed by SAP. Hence any technology (ex.openui5) that supports Odata doesn't bother about the source of Odata. So you could use an existing Odata service (http://services.odata.org/V4/Northwind/Northwind.svc/) or you could create a new service.

To create Odata service from an SAP system you have to use SAP gateway. You could find many documents on that in SCN.

Regards, Midhun

SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks midhun sir..   i am using services which is given for the practice on odata.org..