cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rollwait times are high

0 Kudos

Hi All,

SCM7 system - as OLAP system,  Dialog Average Response time is high due to high Roll-wait time contribution(25-35% of time)

We do not have network problem, GUI times are less.

System has sufficient resources in dialog work process wise.

What are the all areas need to be checked to conclude?

based on that, What actions need to be taken to bring down roll wait time ?

Your expert suggestions are needed.

Have refereed forum links and quick reply is much appreciated.

Thanks

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

roll-wait time during dialog task is a normal behaviour for example when RFC calls are done during DIA program. It has nothing to do with (GUI) network latency. The times during which the user session is "rolled out" of the DIA work process (because the session has to wait for a return of the RFC call or for the answer of an asynch RFC) are recorded as roll wait time. And they are included in the response time.

See note 1063061.

BTW, there was a small inconsistency in this behaviour with 720/721 kernel which was fixed in 740 kernel. See note 2197809.

Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram

performance tuning often is not a quick matter... i found a nice chat here

but as in most of these discussions let me ask something, how are you so sure that network is ok?

Did you check if network is ok for all your users and not only for yourself working inside the datacenter maybe (im kidding...) ?

Let me know

cheers

a

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andrea,

Jokes aside, I've talked to customers who had all kinds of wild stories of people working at home, on VPN, using Wifi and being in their backyard or whatever, far enough from the Wifi to have decent connectivity complaining that SAP is slow ...

It's supports worst nightmare in many cases they have a hard time figuring this stuff out.

One customer told me they use End-user Experience Monitoring  (EEM) scenario of SAP Solution Manager and they install an agent on end-user PC's to try and discover these kind of issues because then they could trace back from the end-user to the company and see where time is spent.

Kind regards

Tom