cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST12 Trace file in Archived how to retrieve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I put a trace in ST12 for background job for 20 min but it run for more than 20 min I stopped the trace and try to evalute it but it is in Archived not able to evaluate.

Is there any possibility to retrieve the trace file I am not able to understand why it went to archive where I did mistake. Please give your inputs as I need this file now job completed and not able put trace again as it is a weekly job.

Regards,

Thirupathi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your inputs I put trace many times and that was successful but this time Trace file is in Archive and not able to evaluate it.
Is there any chance to evaluate Archive trace file and where these archive trace files will be stored. Please provide your suggestions.

Regards,

Thirupathi t

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

After stops the trace have you deselect the " Delete created ABAP trace files after collection" ?

Kindly refer the snapshot.

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

I put trace for 20 min by selecting time but it was running more than 20 min so I stopped the trace then it went to Archived I am attaching screen shot of the file.

Regards,

Thirupathi

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Just double click the archived the its will show the Demon log, and refer the SCN about the BG job.

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your input I am able to see demon log but I need ABAP trace to analyze the issue.

Regards,

Thirupathi

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thirupathi.

I not sure about the background job. you can enable the normal trace during the background job executing time (You can define the user id & BG program name) and  check the trace.

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thirupathi,

Please go throug the below blog, if that helps...

Regards,

Prithviraj.

former_member207186
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding this issue/question, you can also check the SAP Notes below:

755977 - ST12 "ABAP Trace for SAP EarlyWatch/GoingLive"

948066 - "Performance Analysis: Transactions to use"

Regards,

Bíborka

Sriram2009