cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Variant of a Configurable Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fellow members,

As advised by moderator, I am opening a new thread. Issue is something similar to what was mentioned in thread:

I am not able to fetch the configuration of a configurable materials.  For fetching configuration, I am using FM CUXM_GET_CONFIGURATION and then setting using MATERIAL_SAVE_CONFIGURATION. as advised by SAP In "NOTE : 736873 - Function module for maintainig configuration data for material variants".

My problem is what should I use as import parameter (Parameter Name : Instance) to FM CUXM_GET_CONFIGURATION. As per Ritesh's and other replies on same topic, it has to be MARC-CUOBJ of the configurable material. However, in our system MARC-CUOBJ is "000000000000000000" for all the configurable material. So what should I use to get details and assign using FM MATERIAL_SAVE_CONFIGURATION

Can anyone explain what is issue and how to get this fixed.

Cheer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anup Batra,

Thanks for following suggestion on creating new thread.

Its strange, how could your CUOBJ is 0000000000 and you have material variants created from that configurable materials?

I suggest again check all settings for variant configuration are update date for your configurable materials, give it a try to simulate your configurations using CU50.

Also check below link for document it will give you idea about various tables and relationship with each other for saving configuration, hope it will give you idea on VC setup.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks for your reply and link. I will check system config and will share my findings with you.

Cheers

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

I have checked the configurations with my MM consultant and things looks OK. However I found a post

As per this post and my system behaviours, MARC-CUOBJ will be updated once we assign a configurable material to a material and configure properties (Variant configuration). So this mean, for a configurable material, MARC-CUOBJ  will always be blank. So you agree or I am missing something here?

Cheers

Answers (0)