Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encrypting connecion to SAP GUI in MacOS environment

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I found a SAP Note 1643878 - Release Notes for SNC Client Encryption which describes SNC Client Encryption for "client/server systems integrated with SAP" scenarios such as connection from SAP GUI to SAP backend systems.

Based on the above Note I understand that while using the SNC user needs to be authenticated in the Windows Domain. So ta have WIN domain is prerequisite.

What are options to use encryption communication from SAP GUI to SAP backend while not being on MS WIN platform e.g. user is running SAP GUI for JAVA from MacOS?

thanks in advance

m./

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

the product SAP Single Sign-On provides SNC, also on MacOS. You can use Kerberos if the MacOS systems are part of a Windows domain, or X.509 otherwise.

Best regards,

Christian 

3 REPLIES 3

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

the product SAP Single Sign-On provides SNC, also on MacOS. You can use Kerberos if the MacOS systems are part of a Windows domain, or X.509 otherwise.

Best regards,

Christian 

0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

thanks for your reply. I understand that I can still use kerberos or X.509 in case I have no Windows AD. In your statement what you actually meant is "You can use Kerberos if the MacOS systems are NOT part of a Windows domain..." is that so?

thanks

m./

0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I'm afraid not. Kerberos is only supported for client computers in a Windows domain, at least by the SAP Single Sign-On product. The servers do not need to be in the domain, though.

In your case, it seem Kerberos is not an option then.

Best regards,

Christian