Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Split or Split message in ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ABAP guru,

I am facing a difficult choise, our secnario like following:

we will use a background job to trigger a program to collect today's new material master data, then use RFC adapter to send data to XI, XI will use JDBC receiver to insert data into Oracle DB. We will use PLANT field to distinguish which message should be sent to which DB(we have 3 plant, each plant has its own oracle DB, and only needs own data)

Choise A:

in the program, loop the internal table which contains many material master data, call RFC each loop, to make sure every message contains one material only.

Choise B:

use BPM message split pattern.

Could please let me know, depending on your experience, which way will be better?

If you have another choise,that will be appreciate to let me know, thank you very much for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>in the program, loop the internal table which contains many material master data, call RFC each loop, to make sure every message contains one material only.

use this approach and make sure you use plant field

in receiver determination conditions field

the flow will be simple and fast (no BPM)

>>>>use BPM message split pattern.

you would have to collect your messages first - not recommended

for matmas messages + the usage of BPM (also could become performance bottleneck)

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

but SAP also recommend don't use small message, one message contains one material master is a small message doesn't it?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

to tell you the truth the best way would be to go for ABAP proxies

this way you'd be able to send a all material to one plant

in one message (as you can easily nest XML nodes)

with RFC or IDOC it's jut not possible as you can only use

tables and one header

but still I suggest small messages over the usage of a BPM in this case

(BTW if you have any test tool - like mercury loadrunner)

you can create both cases and compare the performance

in your environment

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use ABAP proxies is the best option as michal said or select the first option in you cases

Regards

Chilla