cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading of attributes of characteristics in APO DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using APO DP V5.

Within DP, I have a characteristic with associated navigation and display attributes.

Is it possible, using macro function, to read these attributes so that they can be used in macro coding?

Thanks,

Bob Austin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can any body send me SAP APO documentation... Materials which i can update the skills i have links from this site but i need the step by step procedure i have a knowledge of BI(BW3.5,3.0B,2.0B) so....

thanks in advance if you could send it to me.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you looking for something like this in the attachment/

Subash

Former Member
0 Kudos

This sounds like useful.

Let me replicate and test. I used the same function but it doesn't seem to do anything. and then I tried half a dozen other things.

Thanks

BS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi bob

what kind of attributes and how are you going to use it in the macro to do what... it might help if you explain .there might be other ways.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish,

An example would be:

I have a characteristic called 'product at customer', for which I have an attribute called 'lead time'. Suppose lead time = n weeks. Then in my planning book I want to have a macro which only operates within n weeks. So, when I choose a particular 'product at customer', I want to be able to read the lead time attribute.

Regards,

Bob.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you had char values for every "prod at customer" value, you can try to load this as a new char. since it will have a one to one relation with the main char there will not be a increase in the number of CVCs and in the macro you can refer to the value of the selected char(led time in this case) directly with ACT_IOBJNM_VALUE()

another way is to use the product master and load the attribute as a extra(tab) field in and then use macro function MATLOC_EXTRA() to read this

but you need to define your material and location in DP (product dorresponding to "product at customer")

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish,

Do you know if ACT_IOBJNM_VALUE work for both navigation and display attributes?

Thanks,

Bob.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Bob, dont know.

Am kinda sure it has to be an info object (characteristic) not an attribute but would suggest to do a quick check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bob,

I know this is a decade old but did you manage to do this ? Your help will help me make a 1000 dollars by writing a scary macro for a fictitious business need. My requirement is ditto as yours.

Thanks

BS