cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass reassignment of Activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to develop a solution to allow the mass reassignment of activities in a similar way to "Assign to agent" action works on tickets. Is this possible within the SDK?

Thanks,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello John,

if you can reassign a singe activity you can also do a mass reassignment.

That's the basic requirement.

If you do it via an action you should mass-enable this action.

HTH,

Horst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

Yes I can write an action to do the reassignment and then add this action to the standard OWL, however the issue is that the employee to reassign to would have to be hardcoded in the ABSL, as there is no way to pass import parameter to the action as far as I can see. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

John

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello John,

Sorry, the actions do not support parameters.

You need to add an additional field to the node which contains the employee to reassign.

HTH,

Horst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

Would this mean that I would have to update the node on each activity first though? Ideally what I want is a modal dialog popup so the user can select the employee, as it works on the service ticket queue when going to "Assign to agent..." . Is this something that could be developed in the SDK with custom screens based on the activity BO? I am not sure where the code behind Assign to agent sits, I am assuming its not something that can be done in the SDK.

Its as shame there is no mass change for activities like for accounts.

Thanks,

John

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello John,

To be more precisely: The actions defined on Custom BOs or extended actions on SAP BOs do not support parameters.

If you call an action at an SAP BO this may support parameters depending on the definition.

I am not that familar with the Activity BO:

• Is there an action you can use?
  • Does this action supports the reuired parameter?

Bye,

Horst