cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QQMA0013 exit & catalog group/code fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts, I have been testing the above mentioned customer exit (Default Values when Creating a Task) since a while and just came across with an interesting system behavior:

1) If I enter values in the catalog group and code fields on screen they do not get override in the exit despite having the related field contents changed on the E_VIQMSM structure. Any other field from the same field structure can be changed though.

2) In the other hand if I do not enter any value in the catalog group and code fields on screen then I can change (input) them via the customer exit along with other fields.

Has anyone experienced or realized this sort of behavior before? I am not sure whether this is an issue or not...

Thanks, Julio.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Julio,

Some difficulty in understanding your query. Any default values exit is aimed at giving you freedom from punching few values in the fields of Notification. It will be better,if you share:

• What code you are giving in the include?
  • What behaviour you are expecting from this code?
  • What behaviour is presently experienced?

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Below two test cases carried in our sandbox client (The QQMA0013 in our sandbox has only a break point ABAP command in order to test the enhancement):

Test case 1

1a) Catalog fields not entered on new task, only text:

1b) E_VIQMSM structure at the call of customer exit:

1c) Catalog fields & text fields manually changed in debugger (The catalog group & code already exist in the system):

1d) Catalog fields are showed on the screen. Task code text does not appear on screen, only after saving the notification. Task text gets changed correctly

Test case 2

2a) Catalog fields entered on new task along text:

2b) E_VIQMSM structure at the call of customer exit:

2c) Catalog code & text fields manually changed in debugger (The catalog code already exists in the system):

2d) Catalog code does not get changed (it should be 0004 rather than 0003). Task code text refers from code 0003. Task text gets changed correctly:

Hopefully it will be more clear now

Thanks, Julio.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Julio,

Whatever you are experiencing is a standard behaviour. In the first part the Code text will appear only after Save. The expectations in 2nd part are not relevant to this exit. This exit only brings default values at onetime. You might find this as a Product error. We can call OSS also for this behaviour. This was experienced in other exits of Default values too.

Hope you get better inputs.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

I fully understand how the exit in question works. In exit's description is said "Default Values When Creating a Task" and in both test cases above I am Creating a task. What I am highlighting on the test cases is that the catalog fields behave in such strange way that I have never seen before. For me so it's the case of opening a ticket in SAP. Cheers, Julio.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I fully agree with you Julio.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

An incident has been addressed to SAP. I will update the thread when SAP comes up with some feedback.