cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address cleansing and data cleansing

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working as a part of BODS data quality project. We are now in the initial phase of system set up and procurement of licensees for BODS/DQ . I need a few clarifications on procurement of BODS/DQ liscenecs?

1.Can we purchase single liscence for BODS and BODQ?

we have "BA & T SAP Data Services " liscenece right now ? Does it mean that we have liscence for BODQ as well?

2. Do we have to purchase a seperate liscence for address directories always ?

3. Right now i have blueprints available in my local machine . I am able to test some of the data for UK with UK address cleanse transform and the job is running successfully. Does it mean i have address directories installed in my local machine?

4. When I checked the trace files after running GAC transform, i cant find any reference data for any of the countries available.

5.please confirm from the below screenshot whether address directories are installed in my local machine or not.

6. What is the difference between blueprints directories and actual directories?

7. Do we need to buy seperate person_firm package also for data cleansing ? or the one comes along with the installation of 4.2 will serve entire purpose for data cleansing ?

Your help is very much appreaciated.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  1. A full DS license includes DQ functionality. If DQ transfroms are available, that means you've got  the right license.
  2. You'll always have to buy a subscription on the detailed country-specific address (or geocoding) directories you want to use.
  3. The Global Address directory (ga_all_world_gen.dir) allows some limited cleansing functionalities. If you want to go down to street or individual house level, you need to purchase a country-specific directory.
  4. Global_address_cleanse automatically uses whatever directory available.
  5. You have an American and a Swiss directory loaded.
  6. None.
  7. No, the PERSON_FIRM dictionary is part of the deal. It's installed automatically and serves the purpose of data cleansing indeed.
0 Kudos

Hi Venken,

Thanks for the quick response.

1.Can i do  complete address cleansing with full license ? What is the additional advantage i get with subscription ?

2.Does ga_all_world_gen.dir come along with DS license which does not have DQ license alone?

6.If there is no difference between blueprints and actual directories(license versions), Can i do the complete address cleansing and data cleansing with blue prints ?

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1/. No you cannot. Complete cleansing, i.e. down till the level of street (and house number in certain countries) is only possible with a subscription to the country-specific address directories.

2/. Full DS license combines DI license and DQ license. ga_all_world_gen.dir comes along with the latter.

3/. Yes, if you have purchased the directories. The blueprints you download can definitely serve as a starting point for your specific logic.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response venken.

When I checked the log file for Global address cleanse transform in the management console, i found additional column with certification expiry. Does it indicate that these countries are subscribed..? and other countries are not subscribed.

In the below screenshot, ISLAND, is having cer expiry Does it mean that it is subscribed..? Please clarify this. ? How do i find the difference between subscription and non subscription to the countries data.?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member230374
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

sorry for writing to the closed thread. I am having issues with making the Address Cleansing work while testing from ECC (all config done). We are at DQ 4.2.4 and ECC FLDQ level 5 and 6 (both tested). The Webservice works (returns the corrected address (validates fine) when tested in DQ as standalone). I am confused why it does not return the validated address when launched from ECC.

Any success at your end ?? I followed all the steps in DQ guide with no much success.

Please help.

Kind Regards

Krishna