Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Transport FTP file getting truncated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I'm getting the following error on a production system:

|Data flow DF_AfsAStg_SAP_MBEW|Reader ADF_AfsAStg_SAP_Mbew End of file was found without reading a complete row for file </archivos_ds/proy_mdm/fuentes_sap/DT_AfsAAStg_SAP_Mbew.dat>. The expected number of columns was <109> while the number of columns actually read was <66>. Check the input file for errors orverify the schema specification for the file format. The number of rows processed was <866630>.

The Reader ADF_AfsAStg_SAP_Mbew is an ABAP data flow which transfers a file (with Transport_Format) to the FTP location mentioned on the error. Checking the file, it's getting truncated after some point, as shown below:

The corresponding source row is (look how LAEPR and ZKDAT translate to empty on exported file):

The row and column at which truncation occurs varies from execution to execution. The Transport_Format configuration is the following:

I have tried:

1. Uploading a bigger file using a stand-alone FTP client to check if truncation also occurs. No truncation ocurred.
  2. Changing column delimitier to pipe '|'. Then I get the following error: A row delimiter was seen for row number <1> while processing column number <1> in file </archivos_ds/proy_mdm/fuentes_sap/DT_AfsAAStg_SAP_Mbew.dat>. The row delimiter should be seen after <109> columns. Check the file for bad data, or redefine the input schema for the file by editing the file format in the UI.
  3. Running the same data flow on a development machine, but with development data. No truncation or error was generated.

Any ideas how can I solve this truncation?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Wheres the Location of the transport file generated? Local(DS on your Local machine) or Job Server.

Can you make sure that you are following the right steps to create your own SAP Application File Format.

Refer to Section 3.9.1 The Transport_Format

https://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbods42/en/ds_42_sap_en.pdf

Regards

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun. Thanks for your reply.

I'm following the right steps to create my own SAP Application File Format.

The transport file is being generated to a FTP directory on the same local network of the job server.

No success until now.

What else can I do?