cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating quality info records for plant material last revision level

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are creating thousands quality info records for specific vendor/material/plant.

our material has several revision levels and if I use QI06, I get the list of all materials AND all revision levels:

that means that I have to select one by one to get the highest revision level.

the problem is that every plant uses another revision level and so table AEOI does not help because I cannot see the plant.

Is there a way that I can find the revision level of all materials according to plant?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Julio

as a matter of fact I was under the same impression/knowledge: that the revision level is common for all plants as it is on client level but to my surprise, when running QI06 this is what I found:

the material is not stored in table AEOI

and different plants have different revision levels

2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. When using QI06 you´re actually looking at the quality info records data (QINF table), not the material records data. Check the example material you gave in MM03 transaction and most likely you´ll see '02' as the latest revision regardless the plant. In fact the standard SAP always take the revision level from material as key on quality info records. That´s why we just implemented the OSS note mentioned previously because we have other ways to cover such ECM process. BR, Julio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Revision level is always defined on client level for materials. Check following link:

Plant Specific Material Revision | SCN

In our company we just decided to deactivate the material revision level on quality info records with the use of SAP OSS Note 770347. Such procedure eliminated the need of maintaining new q-info records every time a new revision levels was released for the material.

BR, Julio

PS: Just a quick highlight that potential solutions depends on how the Engineering Change Management (aka ECM) process is carried in your company. In our case the above mentioned solution just suited the best our requirements.