cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start Routine is not getting displayed in transformation after TR is moved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We already had transformation from DS to DSO in our DEV, QA & PROD systems and due to one requirement I have to add one simple start routine in this transformation.

After I added start routine in Dev I tested it and validated. I captured this Transformation & routine in TR. This TR shows Transformation & Routine in it. After I moved it to QA. I am unable to see Start routine in transformation & in RSTRAN's STARTROUTINE field in QA.

However, I can see it in RSAABAP & RSAROUT tables in QA.

I did this 2 times and each time TR is successful & checked in STMS but still Start Routine doesn't reflect in  respective Transformation in QA.

We are on BW 7.4

1. Written Start Routine in Dev.

2. Captured this Transformation in TR.

3. Moved above TR to QA (TR ended with warnings). But QA doesn't show Start Routine in respective Transformation.

Tried same steps 2 times again but no luck. Even tried to activate Transformation through RSDG_TRFN_ACTIVATE program but of no use.

Harshawardhan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

roland_szajko
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Harshawardhan

First use the program rstran_rout_rsfo_check in both systems (source and target of the transport). It can detect inconsistencies in regard to the routines. If the program shows inconsistencies use the repair option to repair the transformation and reactivate them.

When this is done a new transport request must be created which contains the consistent version of the transformation.

There are also some notes, which might be helpful:

1825991Transformation not updated after transport (RSDS400, RSDS401, RSBK260)
2191288Transformation runtime program created without routines or formulas in rare cas

br

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Roland.!! It worked!

As stated in SAP Note 1825991 we need to maintain entry in RSLOGSYSMAP table for source FILE source system as well.

This Data source has FILE source system and maintaining below entry in RSLOGSYSMAP table and re-importing the TR resolved the issue.

Harshawardhan.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

It very unusual.There is some inconsistency in some table for this transformation for sure.

I recommend you to start fresh.

Just Delete your Start routine and create it again and acitvate and collect in fresh transport.

Try to Transport then. even then if you have any issues then try to copy the same transformation and delete the previous one. and then transport.

Regards,

Kishanlal Kumawat

umashankar_poojar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harshawardhan,

Just try to open the system for changes with the help of basis and edit the transformation and activate in QA box.

Hope your routine appear then. Have you searched SAP Marketplace for any sap notes?

Thanks,

Umashankar

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How about asking your BASIS team why changes do not appear?

Regards,

Loed

Former Member
0 Kudos

I even tried to write the end routine & captured it but it is also not getting reflected in QA transformation.

However, In RSTRAN table for this transformation for version 'T' there is an entry for ENDROUTINE field but it is absent for 'M' & 'A' version. PFB.

Harshawardhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Harshawardhan,

We have also faced this issue a long back and we ressolved it by deleting the entries of that transformation from RSTRAN table, and then reimported the TR and it was successful.

Though it looks like strange and stupid approach but it worked.

you can try the same.

Thanks

Vijayendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can be one approach Vijayendra. But I would call this as 'sam-dam-dand-bhed' approach

I will think of it if nothing else works..!

Thanks

Harshawardhan.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this .it will definitely help u .

Sometimes the above dump can occur due to inconsistent RULE ID in that case the parameter

I_RULEID will give you the inconsistent rule id  to solve this follow the below steps :

• Delete the inconsisten Rule_ID and recreate it .
  • To delete the inconsistent rule ID follow the below steps:

>SE24   > CL_RSTRAN_STAT            > Select methode DELETE_RULE_FROM_DB           >Delete RuleID 1 of TRF  in both (T and M) version.

• Once followed the above steps ,Then again recreate the inconsistent

Rule ID and activate the tranformation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

I am not facing any dumb while transporting. Also the transformation check is successful & doesn't show any inconsistencies when checked.

Harshawardhan

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you did compelte check for the TR.

go to SE09 -> go to reqeust menu -> selelct complete check -> object consistency.

same TR import it again check the QAS environment for the start routine code.

Thanks,

Phani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

I checked  Syntax Check, Request consistency and Inactive object test and everything is fine. Still QA BW doesn't show Start Routine in Transformation.

Harshawardhan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Harshawardhan,

Please check in table RSLOGSYSMAP in both dev & quality system whether the correct mapping is maintained or not between dev & quality.

Thanks

Vijayendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijayendra,

Mapping is correctly maintained and my other transformation along with routine got successfully imported but there is issue with this particular start routine only.

Harshawardhan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check the warnings occurred in transformation? Also check in transformation properties when it was changed and activated. And the generated program for transformation. It might happen that transformation did not got activated with your transport. the version you are seeing is already activated version.

Better check the warning on transport and let us know the findings. Or you can post the warning here we can try to have a look.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Amit,

Here's the log that has warning.

Harshawardhan