cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fashion Management Solution in S4HANA

0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

as a consultant I am working with the Fashion Management Solution (FMS). It is running exclusively on HANA and recently Simple Finance was released for it as well. Now S4HANA is also released for IS Retail, the latter being the backbone of FMS. Still, FMS has several new SAP GUI transactions optimized for HANA. For example the adapted MRP run is called up with a new tcode MD01N. Furthermore, tcodes FSH_MD04 or ARUN are exclusive to FMS and not part of IS Retail or the industry ERP, for instance.

Saying all that, my question is: Is FMS part of S4HANA? Are there already all Fiori Apps available which cover the functionality in the new FMS SAP GUI tcodes? Examples are as seen FSH_MD04 or ARUN? I have not been able to gather any information on FMS related to S4HANA so far. Also the roadmap documents make no reference.

Is it simply the case that FMS can be used within a S4HANA on premise installation and switching between Fiori and SAP GUI when needed is the way to go then?

Thank you all for your replies.

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

The Fiori Apps Library should have all Fiori apps listed so you could have a look over there.

Switching between Fiori and SAP GUI is still needed in many cases, there aren't enough apps yet to cover everything ~even talking just ERP here. Certain user types might have enough with the apps but not everyone.

Kr

Tom

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Do you know "S/4 HANA FOR FASHION" ?

Bye.

ganimede_dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry for question... but, is FMS 1.0 SP6 installable into an existing S4/Hana system? ..or just only into an ERP EHP7 ?

Thank you.

ganimede_dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

on SAP note 2214409 - SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition 1511: Compatible Add-ons

FMS is noted as: " Only technical released, not functional "

...but what does it means?

Regards.

Wagnerfr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ganimede,

the Background is that Retail and Fashion are on the roadmap for SAP S/4HANA. For more details see the roadap (https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/roadmaps --> > Product road maps > Cross Topics > SAP S/4HANA ('S-User' is required)

There are already adaption tasks started (some technical pre-requisites) but from a functional perspective Retail / Fashion is not avalaible within SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition 1511. Like mentioned it is on the roadmap.

Kind Regards,

Frank

ganimede_dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Frank,

thank you so much for your reply.

I'm reading the pdf file "SAP S/4HANA Enterprise Management Road Map" from ...sap-ag.de/roadmaps --> > Product road maps > Cross Topics > SAP S/4HANA (I hope that is the right file) but I can't find a specific indication for FMS... exact page?

Thank you.

Regards.

Wagnerfr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ganimede,

yes you are right Fashion is not explicitely mentioned in the current S/4HANA roadmap. Nevertheless my statement is correct. Fashion is on the roadmap for SAP S/4HANA and not available with SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition 1511. I informed the colleagues responsible for the Roadmap Slides. They will include Fashion in the next version (coming out february 2016) of the S/4HANA roadmap.

Kind Regards,

Frank

bhupendra_rane
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thanks and we will wait for the February 2016 update on Roadmap, can you inform how the SAP FMS and S4 HANA will go hand in parallel roadmaps and customers can chose either SAP FMS OR S4 HANA with Fashion Processes? Are the paths of SAP FMS crossing /merging into S4 HANA in future?

With Regards,

Bhupendra

Wagnerfr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Bhupendra,

I just can answer your question more generally. Due to the fact that the enablement is "planned" there are things which can change within this plan.

Overall our target in S/4HANA is not to enable the industries in a "Silo-Approach". The target is that we can combine the different industry business processes and move away from a exclusive use of functionality. You can see that based on the DIMP example. The DIMP industries are now part of the "S/4HANA Core"  and no longer a industry specific functionality. If mentioned Fashion Processes will be enabled in a similar way like DIMP is nothing I can say yet. Sorry that I can not be more precise here.

Kind Regards,

Frank