cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Oracle 10.2.0.5 to 11.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!

I´m planning to do upgrade on my BW Development that is running on oracle 10.2.0.5 to 11.2.

I have two more environments on this landscape, (BW QAS and BW PRD) both running on oracle 10.2.0.5.

Can I have any problem, working on a system that the database is different than other? BWD - running on 11.2 and BWQ, BWP running 10.2.0.5.

Regards,

Everton

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

There is no "problem" running different versions. Transports are DB independent.

But also does not make much sense to run during long time the "preproduction/QA" system in a different version. The CBO on both version might take different decisions (patches/new features) and you might not catch some performance problems on your "new/upgraded" version

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everton,

What is recommended by SAP? All SAP software level, DB level and FPs level and OS levels should be identical. Try to upgrade your Q and P as soon as possible, after your dev system.

Upgrade your Dev system and let the consultants execute some basic tests. Observe the system (database) in terms of performance especially. Then upgrade your Q and P. 1 week after dev system would be fine.

Good luck!

Serhat

former_member215439
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everton,

There's no problem with it, actually we have two environment PRD(11g) and DEV(10.2.0.2) which are running on different oracle database version .

Best regards,

James Elvin

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Everton,

It will be fine. Because SAP layer completely isolated from database layer. In fact even with different database, the mainly content or transports are ok as long as the sap version are the same.

Best regards,
James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everton

mainly not as far as you plan to align the systems asap! all of us found this situation once in our life (of a sap basis ) ...

Maybe keep on eye on backups if these are centralized...

cheers

a