Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Sevices) as datasource for Lumira

peter_starup1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all

Can you define a datasource in Lumira that connects to SSAS?

(If not, are there any plans?)

/Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I did a search here on SCN using SSAS and Lumira, and this thread by Henry Banks displayed at the top: Using SSAS as a source. | SCN

He created an idea at Idea Place; I encourage you to vote and also please search SCN before posting a question.  Thank you

peter_starup1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy

Yes, I did read Henry's reply. It was given some month ago and things happens very fast ... but maybe not in not in this area. Thanks for your input!

/Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I developed a Lumira extension to access SSAS cubes.

This extension has been validated and apporoved by SAP and will be available soon on GitHub.

Regards,

Didier

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Now that I do like the sound of! can't wait to try it

Thanks Didier

peter_starup1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Didier

I'll be watching!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Didier!

I've downloaded your extension from SAP/lumira-extension-da-sql-server-analysis-services · GitHub. How could it be deployed to Lumira?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

Was your issue resolved? In Lumira, the OLAP universe built on SSAS is not visible in Lumira. I can see it in IDT. What is your solution? Thank you.

peter_starup1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jenny

I have not worked any more on this so I can't say if issue is solved!... Currently we not even running SAP BO (yet)

AlexBW
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter!

Technically it can be achieved by using UNV universe, but you will possibly face performance problems - OLAP datasources with MDX access doesn't like select * statements for large datasets.

May be you should consider to create UNX universe on relational MS SQL tables, which feed OLAP cubes

I believe, that for OLAP sources, Lumira should have on-line access, like with HANA.

Working with acquire (download) paradigm with OLAP sources - nonsense.

Regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please visit http://www.tass.io for vOLAP for visual query builder to generate MDX queries. It has been developed using SDK V1, but in the process of upgrading to V2 SDK.

AlexBW
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi!

How your tool will help us to connect Lumira to SSAS?

Regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

Our extension is connecting to OLAP using XMLA protocol and fetching the data with MDX queries. The idea is to provide a graphical interface (primarily for business analysts) with drag and drop to generate MDX queries and retrieve small datasets when generating the scenarios in Lumira in desktop environment. Using SDKv2, you can schedule and retrieve complete dataset in the serer environment. However SDKv2 upgrade is under testing right now, its will be available in a couple of weeks. You can get SDKv1 version from our website to play with it in the meawhile, the UI will be same in SDK v1 or v2 on the desktop.

Please let me know if you need further info or to get a demo copy.

Thanks

Ravi Ada