cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number range while arching PI messages

former_member221632
Participant
0 Kudos

We have 18 million messages in our test system that needs to be archived and we are planning to following the below OSS note to run the jobs multiple times with smaller chunks of data.

1883012 - How to archive smaller chunks of PI messages from Integration Engine

As per the OSS note (Step 6), it is recommended to split the number range into several sub ranges. I dont understand the significance of this number range in PI archiving. Can someone please clarify me on this? what does this number range means? Are the archive files are created with this numbering? If so, what happens if it touches 99?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

AFAIK that parameter points out the number of message that will be taken in one program iteration to be archived. Kindly, check the point "Handling messages to be archived" here Archiving messages on Integration Engine - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Regards.

former_member221632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Thanks for the link. I believe ROWS_PER_LOOP is the parameter that determines the number of messages that will be taken in one loop.

There is another parameter in the link ARCHIVE_PARALLEL, I think we can run parallel archiving using this parameter. But is there a correlation between this parameter and the number range. Whether setting this parameter will automatically divide the number range according to the parameter value?

Thanks.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Basis,

Digging in my PI archiving, talking with a basis colleague about this and with information in this other link (Archiving messages on Integration Engine - Process Integration - SCN Wiki), the parameter ROWS_PER_LOOP seems to be to divide messages is small pieces, meantimes ARCHIVE_PARALLEL take the N messages set for this value.

Unfortunately, me and my basis colleague we have not experience in your specific case and we didn't need to set these two parameters.

Kindly wait to another SCN member who his knowledge about these parameters was not only theoretical.

Regards.