cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matnr in operation dependency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I am currently trying to find a solution for a routing operation procedure.

This is the scenario:

I need the material number on which an operation is performed. However currently we have to manually type this matnr in local dependencies. When making a lot of articles, this takes too much time. Now I am looking to make a global dependency so that I do not have to do that manually for every article.

Screenshot: the old and slow way:

To make it a bit easier to test I'm just doing the $self.process_name, but for this example I just want the variable that will fill in the $self.process_name automatically with the matnr (in this case qpb/f 0442)

What shoud i put there?

Thank you for your attention and time,

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all, I have not found the solution yet,

however I think there is more to it than I thought so I've put this on hold for the moment.

thank you all for the replies

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear David,

Did you get the intended results ? Let us know if there is any issue.

Regards,

Senthilkumar SD

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David Vandenbroucke,

Whats the relationship you have between matnr you are entering in dependency as well as the routing material number?

If its the same, then all operation in the routing must be valid for the material , why do you want to pick it up using dependency?

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh Dube,

The matnr in the dependency is the same as the routing material number.

I need this number because I have a table with some additional data about that material which we want to use in reporting.

The tabel is build up with defining key the matnr. Another dependency takes the info out of the table using the matnr as key to find the information.

but now i have to define that matnr manually everytime.

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

A possible solution could be to use a reference characteristic to table MARA field MATNR, in your configuration.

I hope this could be of any help.

Thanks and bye,

Flavio

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Did you try to refer VBAP-MATNR using a reference characterisitc ?

Regards,

Senthilkumar SD

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David Vandenbroucke,

I am asking same question as other fellow members, why you are not creating a reference characteristic to read material and use this reference characterstic for finding details from variant tables instead of hardcoding matnr in dependency , in this way you can use one global procedure for all material.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

For this generate reference characteristic (VBAP- MATNR) and find maintain respective characteristics in variant table and fetch the same by writing global dependency. And if the complexity is with variant table then try variant function. This will help u.

WR,

Ajay Rana