Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design studio auto refresh every X minutes

shlomi_weiss2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have a D.S application over data from BW and I want the data sources to be refreshed automatically every X minutes.

I know of the functionality ReloadData(),

How do I run it every X minutes???

Thanks

Shlomi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shlomi,

Just to clarify Tammy's suggestion, the timer component referred to there is in fact the one which is included in the Real-Time Package (which is the one I recommend also as it is intended for your exact scenario), not to be confused with the Timer component which is included in the SDK Samples.  The advantage of the Real-Time Package Timer is that it is officially supported by SAP and you don't need to manually compile an SDK archive file for it.

You can download the Real-Time Package Timer component from the SAP Software Download Centre as shown below:

After installation, all you need to do is drag and drop the component onto the canvas, specify the refresh frequency in the Interval in Milliseconds property and call the data source reloadData() method in the "On Timer" event script, as shown in the screenshot below:

You can refer to the following sections of the Design Studio Application Designer Guide for further details:

28.2 How to Create Real-Time Dashboards with a Single PullBased Data Source (page 196)

28.3 How to Create Real-Time Dashboards with Multiple PullBased Data Sources (page 197)

Regards,

Mustafa.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have implemented this. All you need to do is install the Timer component - sample SDK provided by SAP.

The timer component triggers itself after given time interval( milliseconds) inside the time component write the reload datasource script.

Thanks

Karthik

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shlomi - I haven't tried it myself, but maybe consider using the sample timer SDK component discussed in the SAP Help page 321 here: http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/AAD15/en/ds_15_user_en.pdf