Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically intimate user to initiate warranty claim when creating Order

faisal_khan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to PM.

Requirement is that while creating an Order, if Equipment used has warranty then system should automatically intimate user to initiate warranty claim

or some kind of message that Equipment selected for Order is under Warranty.

I created an Equipment with following details in its master data. When i create Order against this equipment the system does not pop up any message i.e  that the selected Equipment is under warranty.

Also pls elaborate of differecne between Customer Warranty and Vendor warranty.

Thanks

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There will be a popup when a valid warranty exists for the equipment if defined in customizing. The customizing path is as follows:

Plant Maintenance and Customer Service > Master Data in Plant Maintenance and Customer Service > Basic Settings > Warranties > Define Warranty Types

Set the required flags to ON. Now if an equipment with warranty is entered for order/notification there will be a popup.

Customer/Vendor warranty offers you the ability to control warranty you may be entitled to from a vendor and also manage warranty you have given to a customer.

-Paul

faisal_khan
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul, it worked for both Notifications and Orders after following the steps that you mentioned.

Answers (0)