Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: related notification tab in QM01

former_member184571
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

need your help on this.

In QM02 transaction(Change quality notification) , i am able to see related notification tab.

Could you please guide me on the importance of this tab.

Is there any possibility to hide this tab..?

Attached screen

Regards,

Daya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm  not sure it can be hidden.  From a quality perspective I'm not sure why you would want to.

It is indicating that additional notifications were created.  For instance, you discover a problem with a particular batch of material.  A notification and investigaton proceeeds.  As a result you discover three more batches of the material with the same or similar issue in your inventory.  You create one notification for each batch from this notification.

Typically, you wouldn't close this notificaton until the three other notifications are resolved.  (i.e. vendor notified, material returned or destroyed, financial credit received, etc. etc..).

Another possibility is you may find this via defect recording.  Depending on your configuration you mitght have one notification created for each defect in an inspection lot instead of one notification with all the defects in it.  These are all related notifications and all should be addressed before your final UD is made on the inspection lot.

Craig

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As suggested by Craig its not advisable to change these settings looking at the possible business

requirement, but you can remove this tab if its must, using following path

SPRO>QM>Quality Notifications>Information system>Activate reference to related Notifications

Select the Notification Type and uncheck the Selection Criteria you need to remove

Now you will not see this tab for a particular notification type

Thanks

Diwakar