cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule sender communication channel several days monthly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I would like to schedule the activation of a sender communication channel several days each month, i.e. from the 5th to the 10th of every month.

I am taking a look to the Availability Planning, new monthly schedule. I can set it up starting every 5th of every month, but I cannot establish a duration over 24h.

So if I set the duration to 24h then the channel will only be active the 5th of every month (nor 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th neither 10th).

Of course I could create a schedule per each day of the month, but I wonder whether I could accomplish it with a single schedule. I think it is not possible because of the 24 hours limitation of duration. What do you think about?

PS: I am working on a PI 7.31 dual stack.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

AFAIK with you requirement, I think with ATP you would need five configurations.

Without ATP, another solution, as you have a PI dual stack, you can control, inside PI, via ABAP program the channel: . Inside the ABAP program you can do more complex logic to control the channels periodicity.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't considered the external control. I will take a look.

Thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

If you want for example to schedule from Monday to Thursday, if it is not taking account specific days you can do this (by week):

I know there is not your exactly requirement but it is a little approximation depending your final goal.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer, Iñaki.

Unfortunately my requirement stands that the channel should be active only at a specific interval each month (from 5th to 10th), so your approach does not fit this requirement.

Regards.