cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populate Payment Method on Vendor Line Item based on Segment or Profit Centre Allocation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, 

Issue

I need to pay Vendors from different bank accounts based on the allocation to different Segments or Profit Centres.

Salient Information

SAP ECC6. 

Set-up Step in Substitution Rule (Line Item):

Pre-Requisite BSEG-BUKRS = '1000' and BSEG-KOART = 'K' and BSEG-ZLSCH = ''

I have a table with an indicator that says If the Segment belongs to certain group then don't put payment method on document.  If Segment belongs to other group the payment method 'X' must be placed on the Line item. 

My issue is that the Segment is not populated on the BSEG structure

Can someone let me know where I can find  either the other lines of the transaction entered or the derived segment/(s) for the Vendor Item

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, 

Will approach the ABAPP'er in the morning to try and understand what you mean. 

You won't do this with Substitution rule but with function module when document is saved?

I'm worried about producing error here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Example (Simplification)

Segment 1 Payment Method A

Segment 2 Payment Method A

Segment 3 Payment Method B

Segment 4 Payment Method B

Payment Method A- Bank Account 4567

Payment Method B- Bank Account 8901

When Segment 1 and/or 2 refers to Payment Method A- Leave ZLSCH blank and use what’s on Vendor Master Master for Selection

When Segment 3 and/or 4 refers to Payment Method B- Populate B on ZLSCH

When Segment 1 or 2 and (3 and/or 4) then process Error and don’t post transaction

When Segment 3 or 4 and (1 and/or 2) then process Error and don’t post transaction

I cannot see the faglflexa items at this stage.  Any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean what you will do if you have such case

Entry view

Dr Expenses Segment 1

Dr Expenses Segment 2

Dr Expenses Segment 3

Cr Vendor

Which Payment method you will put?

You can find out segment at  corresponding item for Vendor, in my example it's expense account.

For example you could use BTE 1120, here you can see whole document, enhance  structure for ZLSCH.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, 

I have 2 legal entities in one Co Code (temporarily due to time constraints) but they must be separated soon. 

Want to pay each entity liabilities from its own bank account. 

Vendors are be shared

W.r.t. your example above:

If segments 1,2 and 3 belonged to Entity A, no change are required and document can be posted. 

If segments 1,2 and 3 belonged to Entity B, then change BSEG-ZLSCH to appropriate payment methods dependent on priority. 

If segments belonged to entity A and B, then stop transaction from being posted.  (I can opt for different options here) (Can possibly do Payment block)

I have tried substitution rule at Callup point 2

Pre Requisite:

BSEG_BUKRS = '1000' and

BSEG-KOART = 'K' and

BSEG-ZLSCH = ' '

BSEG-SEGMENT not populated (Profit Centre and Segment derived from other line items of the transaction Segments 1 2 and 3 based on your selection)

COBL-SEGMENT is populated as structure- only one line item at time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, then do how I wrote before:

"You can find out segment at  corresponding item for Vendor, in my example it's expense account.

For example you could use BTE 1120, here you can see whole document, enhance  structure for ZLSCH."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you want do it for invoice?

Can in this document be several different segments?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, 

This is for all Vendor Documents bar the Items already paid and payments processed via automatic payment run. 

This is applicable to several segments. 

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue that you want substitute at bseg level, where could be 1 vendor item but in faglflexa several items with different segments. What you going to do with such cases?