Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modification To Planned Call Transaction (PCAL) During Campaign Execution

hakan_kose
Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings,

We have a standart procedure (and therefore customizing) to generate call lists (Planned Call transactions - PCAL) from campaign elements (through execution) assigned to a campaign.

And planned cal transactions are generated succesfully.

I want to make some modification on this planned call transactions during execution (like changing planned call objective according to objective defined in campaign element).

For this purpose, I activated the business add-in: CRM_MKT_MODIFY_ORDER. I wrote some codes in MODIFY_ACTIVITY_OBJ method of the BAdI and set external break points. However while executing campaign element, abap debugger screen doesn't show up. It seems that this BAdI is not triggered.

It seems to me that the easiest way to make the required modifications can be done with this BAdI, but I'm open to other solution ideas as well.

I'd appreciate any advice regarding this issue.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member158363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hakan,

I think the badi CRM_MKT_MODIFY_ORDER is called during execution, i.e. when you actually generate the call list. Usually, this is started in background as job and depending on setting, the job is called under different username name.

You can debug this either by setting an endless loop into the Badi and catch the running process in SM50 (potentially dangerous) or after campaign execution, find the job (transaction SM37) and re-run the generation report with the same variant. online.

If you need to modify the contact during the call, then I would start with badi ORDER_SAVE, which is called everytime you save any 1order document. Remember, the  Badi is also called when the document is first time created during generation, so adapt your code accordingly.

Regards,

Dawood.

hakan_kose
Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Dawood,

Thank you a lot. We wrote an endless loop in method: MODIFY_ACTIVITY_OBJ of the BAdI: CRM_MKT_MODIFY_ORDER like below:

WHILE 1 NE 2.

break xuser.

ENDWHILE.

And after execution of the campaign element of a campaign, we go to SM50 and find the process of the BAdI (recognizing the name of class) and debug the process.

It then navigates to debugging screen.

Answers (0)