Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum no. 300 of systems reached

aneeth_gajapathi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could someone help me with this issue please?

Our business users access Enterprise Portal to run BW Reports. This creates a new RFC connection in the BW ABAP backend and I could see the connection in the SM04 and SMGW screens. However some of these connections are not closed. They remain there forever until it reaches the maximum number of RFC connections and no users could run reports anymore.

Also, from the SMGW screen, when I click on "Go To > Logged on Clients", I could see list of clients, some of which are few days old. Even these are not closed and at some point they reach the maximum limit and below errors start appearing in SM21:

Maximum no. 300 of systems reached

As a workaround, we are currently doing an "End Session" in SM04 and "Delete Client" in SMGW

I don't want to increase the count in the parameters for maximum RFC's or maximum Clients' because if the connections are not closed, they would reach maximum limit again. I would like to understand why these connections are not closed.

Another interesting thing is our users also connect to ERP and SRM exactly the same way and we don't have any problems there. In fact in those system's SM21 logs I could see these messages:

HTTP/RFC session has been deleted following timeout.

I don't see similar messages in BW.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Aneeth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aneeth_gajapathi
Explorer
0 Kudos

I posted this issue in a different thread and updated it with a solution. Please refer it here: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3780875

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aneeth,

Issue looks like not with any Gateway Component or GW specific error. Could you please post this in appropriate forum so that question is answered ?

Regards,

Ashwin

aneeth_gajapathi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashwin. The error "Maximum no. of 300 of systems reached" is written by the Gateway and the clients that are connected to the Gateway are not being released/closed. Hence I thought of it as a Gateway related issue. Any recommendations of other appropriate forums?

Thanks

Aneeth