cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Web Dispatcher 7.42 System Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in the process of setting up monitoring for our Web Dispatchers. I have completed the managed systems config with the following product instances:

During template assignment, I cannot assign a template because Installed products is blank:

Have I missed anything?

Our SolMan system is 7.1 SP12. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update ... I was able to attach the template I created. I had to update the monitoring content to be able to do this. So now, the product version in LMDB for my web dispatcher is now correct.

Having said that though, I am still getting "cannot connect to sapstartsrv" in my Tech Mon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quick update ... my bad ... I provided erroneous information in the LMDB entry for my Web Dispatcher, particularly the host ... All is OK now

Thanks a lot guys ...

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jing,

Looks like am currently stuck at exactla the same location. I already setup managed system for our wdisp 740 according to Configuring Web Dispatcher for Root Cause Analysis in Solution Manager - SAP Solution Manager Setup ...

However I can't assign any template to this Managed Object in  Technical Monitoring since no Installed product is displayed.

How did you solve this?

Regards

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

Apologies for replying to this just now ... Went away for the holidays and this message got snowballed under ... Anyways, if you still have this issue, the resolution was to update the monitoring content of Solution Manager ... The main issue was that the templates were showing that they were valid only for Web Dispatchers until version 7.02 ... updating the content will update this to include up to 7.42 ...

To update the content, I followed the instructions in the link below:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechOps/Rapid+Content+Delivery

Here's a screenshot of where I went to update the content ...

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Jing

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess there is some issue with registration for  SAP Netweaver 7.4, bascially it looks like there is version mismatch between monitoring template and prouduct instance. Anyhow can you check if there is any automatic data supplier for SAP Netweaver 7.4 webdispatcher or can you try it to do with sld/reg if at all possible, i know blogs will say it should be manual but they are restricted to 7.02.

Other way if you can try to register it with 7.02 version assignment in LMDB or try to change in template it may work. Templates will work with 7.02 also and will monitor the managed object.

Please update me as well if you found the permanent fix for this issue.

Regards

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishav.

I have ran sldreg, however, there was still no automatic data supplier for NW 7.4 Web Disp. As such, I created the entry in LMDB manually.

As a work around, taking from what Billy did, I changed the product instance of my Web Dispatcher to EHP2 of NW 7.0 ... with that, I was able to assign the template I created.

However, this is just a work around. I have an OSS message raised with SAP. I think the issue is that the XML file they supplied with SAP Note 2064025 (for SM 7.1 SP12) was blank.

Regards,

Jing

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok, Please keep us posted.

Thanks

Rishav

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting I just fixed the opposite problem in my SP12 SolMan.  I could assign the template from tech mon however when navigating to System Mon in the TechMon workcenter the query fails to return any values for web dispatchers.

My solution was to add SAP Ehp 2 Netweaver 7.0 (aka 7.02) for a product version which allowed me to check the diag relevant box as soon as I hit save the query in System Mon pulled the systems up without issues.

Also worth noting I have 7.41 web dispatchers in place (on Win 2008 R2), might install 7.42 if it allows me to check the diag relevant box and not have to come up with a work around to monitor a SAP product with a SAP product. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

I had the same issue previously, where I cannot tick the "Diagnostic Relevant" ... SAP pointed me to SAP Note 2190760 and 2064025. After getting over that, I now have this issue.

Thanks,

Jing

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Most excellent I think these stuff is going to be implemented in the near future, as I don't like what I had to do just to have things "work". 

Thanks for the notes! 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

Quick question ... did you have to something for the availability to work? Mine seem to have an issue with connecting to sapstartsrv ... a bit weird because if I try the command sapcontrol -nr XX -function GetProcessList as daaadm, its working ... I am pretty sure that is what's being done during the check (or am I wrong ) ...

Regards,

Jing

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looking at my system the availability metric is collected via the following (keeping in mind that we haven't performed those 2 notes you pointed me to):

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please can you check if the managed system setup is green for the web dispatcher.

You need to register the Web Dispatcher Product System in LMDB manually. (There is SLD Data Supplier for Web Dispatcher, but it does not support Product Information, so you need to manually define product system of Web Dispatcher Type).

More information is given in the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp01/helpdata/en/8a/0cd5da82f643f99a8881710c0f26ce/content.htm

Regards

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishav.

I can confirm that the Managed Systems Config for the Web Dispatcher is all green.

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it standalone or installed on any java system. I hope you had run it as technical scenario if it is installed on JAVA.

So SMD agents on web dispatcher host is with appropriate version and running fine. Usually installed product info should be visible there.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishav,

It is standalone, and that was the reason why I created a technical system for it in the LMDB.

The SMD Agent version is appropriate as well. There are other instances on the same server that is being monitoring properly.

Thanks.