cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty values "In List" or "Prompt"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hi,

I'm trying to create asset accounting reports in webi with the data coming from BW.

This is what I have done...

I have created a DSO based on the standard SAP template 0FIA_DS13 and then loaded the data, including those asset master data into it.

After that I setup a connection in Universe to connect BO to that DSO directly.

And then after published the Universe and I created a webi report with it. The data seems to be okay without any problems.

However when i change the query and add a filter to one of the field, such as company code, using In List "values from list", it returns no data.

I'm pretty sure there is data in company code, just that the list of value is empty when i use "In List" or "Prompt"

I'm wondering if there is any extra setting that I need to set in Universe? or in BW? or i need to add some patch (we are using BO 4.0 SP7 currently) as i read some posts before....?

Thanks in advanced.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I just found out something, but I'm not sure why is that...

This is the view of those tables joining together and if i select 0COMP_CODE in table D0ASSET_AFAB or in D0COMP_CODE, I am able to display list of the company code in the Webi Query.

However, if i select 0COMP_CODE in table D0ASSET or IZAAPER, no values is available in the Webi Query.

May I ask why is that? I wonder if it is because of the Reference Date?

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

Can you check the values in the Universe first. Could you confirm that you are able to view the values for that object in the universe first. Then you can check in WebI.

try to create a query in IDT first and then check in WebI if you are able to fetch the values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SaaiiKirran, yes there are data when i run a query in IDT and if i run the report without any filter in the query, webi is also able to show all the company codes ~

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathew,

I think the problem is with the connection, why don't you tried to create olap connection (BICS connection)!!!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I tried to setup the BIC connection, but in the OLAP metadata screen, the "Favorite" and "InfoArea" are both empty...

Seems BIC connection only works on BEX query which I don't really have at the moment...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

Is it correct, that you do not see any values somewhere as on the screenshot below? Then you should type asterisks * and click the button. It is not a bug, it works in a such way.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ekaterina,

It still shows "No values to display" even when i type the asterisks *

And by the way, it seems the option "Search on Database" is dim as well....

Thanks~~

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

If data available for that object please refer below screen shot .

You have to Enable "Associate List Of Values" under "Advanced" Tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shyam,

Thanks, I checked the IDT and the "Associate List of Values" is already enabled in Company Code...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

By default list of values are enabled in IDT.

Which connection you created to connect the universe to DSO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I am using the Relational Connection to connect to DSO ~

Thanks.