SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is recurring entry function available in FICA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created recurring entries in FI-GL.  Could you please let me know if FICA has similar function?  We are going to give certain customers monthly credit with the fixed amount for 24 months (for example). 

Thanks!

Jennifer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

You can use FI-CA "Standing Requests" functionality for recurring posting of items.

Go into Help.SAP.com and you can find documentation for Requests under Basic Functions.

Regards,

Ivor

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

You can use FI-CA "Standing Requests" functionality for recurring posting of items.

Go into Help.SAP.com and you can find documentation for Requests under Basic Functions.

Regards,

Ivor

0 Kudos

Hi Ivor,

Thank you for your reply!

Jennifer

0 Kudos

Hello!

I have read the Help.SAP.COM, but I still have some problems to get desired result.  I created the following requests:

Request # 2 – Entered the execution period from 06-05-2015 to 05-05-2016 (back dated the first due date – I have opened the posting period for testing purpose).  Only entered one request item in the lower portion of the screen.  Executed FPDUDC to create the FICA document.  Only one document was posted on 06-05-2015 and the status of the request is changed to “completed”.  Executed FPDUDC again.  There was not document posted on 07-05-2015 or 08-05-2015. 

Request # 3 – entered 12 request items.  Execution period 07-05-2015 – 06-05-2015 (12 months).  Executed FPDUDC.  All 12 FICA documents were posted on the same day (07-05-2015).

Please see below account display.  (First request was created with incorrect sub transaction and was reversed).

My desired result is:  Each document should be posted per interval (i.e. on different posting date).  The request should remain open (editable) until all documents in the execution period are posted.  The request can be canceled or its last due date can be edited if the request needs to be stopped at any point during the execution period. 

How to achieve this result using the standing request function?  Your help is much appreciated!

Thank you very much for your time!

Jennifer

0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

You will have to schedule FPDUDC regularly as a batch job.

You may put the Due date value as per your requirement. Consider, you want to post those standing requests today which will be due in next 2 days, you will have to give Consider Due Dates Until as system date + 2 days.

In the general selection, you may provide the list of all BPs. So that the request line items will be posted on all such eligible customers' account everyday.

In that way, you will have the customer's account with such standing requests posted on different date with their own posting date and due date.

Thanks

Bodhisattwa

0 Kudos

Hi Bodhisattwa,

Thank you for your reply.  My struggling is: the request is closed after the first document is posted. 

I set up a request with first due day as June 6, and last due day as May 6 the following year.  Frequency: monthly.  Interval 12.  Then I ran FPDUDC, considering due date until June 7.  The first document is posted with posting date June 6.  Then I ran FPDUDC again, considering due date until July 7, hoping this time, the second document would be posted on July 6, but it does not post anything.  The request has "completed" status after the first FPDUDC run. 

What did I miss? 

Thanks again!

Jennifer

0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

I don't think this is happening from configuration. Can you please have a look in to the events 1775 and 1776 during FPDUDC run and check as why it is updating the status of the request as completed after the first run ?

Also, can you check the status of request before and after the 1st run.

Thanks

Bodhisattwa